Car rim question

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Last time I needed something I just contacted Methvins in MT Holly. I think they were interconnected by computer to other yards and they found my part.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I need a new rim for my car. Can anyone suggest a salvage yard for me to check? I called one and they don't have it.

This is the rim I need. I was hoping to be able to not order a used one online and pay less than $100.

Might be hard finding a serviceable one at that price. Here is a link for refurbished ones.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/fd013.htm

Most large salvage yards use a computer service that can do searches for a specific part. Tthe one near me allows you to search and order online, then pickup at their locations, link below. Try to find a large yard near you.

http://cosmosautoparts.com/

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Guy, friendship junkyard here in tabernacle is very likely to have it. You would have to pull it yourself but that's not too hard. If you want I could check it out for you? their # is 609-268-0365 but they might not know what they have. I could check it out if you want

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It appears my brother-in-law has one for me. He said it is not much to look at but it is not bent. He will even mount and balance it for me.

Reactions: noboat

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have the rim on the car. It looks as good if not better than the ones I have. Hopefully the vibration is gone. I took it off and we drove the tire down to where he works and he switched the tire and balanced it while we waited. Cost me $100.

He checked the balance of the rim yesterday and he said it was very good. But after putting my tire on it was almost 3 times as bad. I have a plug in it that I put in and he thinks the plug caused the belts to move effecting the tire. But he was able to get it balanced.