Free ID help....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We need someone with app skills to make one for PB plants.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I hadn't downloaded it previously because the reviews weren't so great. How's it working for you?

I don't have a smart phone; don't have a dumb one either :) My son has it loaded and it works, but not worth the effort if your knowledgeable of what's around here; would be fine if your visiting somewhere. Try it, you may like it. If not, delete it.

Reactions: Menantico

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jennifer downloaded the app tonight and found it to have a few issues. It kept crashing but seemed to settle down. You are required to have a white background behind the leaf for it to work, and you must have wifi or phone service.

So we tried two different leaves. First a holly leaf and the program came up with it as it's eighth choice, but with the leaf in your hand you would certainly have the proper ID. Then we tried a non fruiting peach tree and it again correctly came up with it in the list of about 10 choices.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I feel that it's getting harder and harder to find places in the pines that don't have phone service.

Since I really don't use a phone much I don't have a smart phone. It would be nice if the app would work on an iPod touch and be all in one.

Guy