Vincentown Park Woods Trail

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Last eveining Ro & I went to see what this park trail was like, and were very pleasantly surprised. Much longer than expected (maybe a mile+ in the loop), lotsa really BIG and tall Sycamore, Oak, Walnut, etc. trees. Easy walking. Downside is a lot of non-native invasives, especially at beginning. One mystery: is the large depressed area at the northern section the remains of the Vincentown marl pit mentioned in early histories? The trees in this part look to be 100+ years old, younger than the rest of the park.

amf

Explorer
May 20, 2006
Swedesboro
Don't know where the trail is in V'town, but I recall there being a (possibly the only in NJ?) coral reef outcrop in the nw area of town that had been partially dug away. Within view of the Rancocas, I believe.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
The trail is on the north side of Mill Street, just west of the Rancocas Creek bridge and the intersection with Main St. There's a parking lot and signboard at the entrance. The trail follows a big loop in the creek; perhaps the coral reef outcrop is in the depressed area - that'd be the NW corner of town.