1793-1976

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jerseyman and All,

Does anyone know where this building may be? It most likely is or was in the Logan Township area since that is where the person who owned it lived.

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Funny how it looks like the barn behind the Atsion Mansion. (in better days)
That looks like the work of perhaps a child for a school or holiday gift project.
Nice little piece.

g.

Guy:

The building depicted on the pin is the old Adams Meeting House or Oak Grove Church, founded in 1793. Here is a website with some history of the building:

http://nj.searchroots.com/Gloucesterco/oldstone.html

Note that the ending date on the pin is 1976. Bicentennial fever swept through Gloucester County like everywhere else in the United States, so there was no end of souvenirs and fundraisers available during that time period.

This is a nice keepsake and momento, so I hope you enjoy it for what it is: a silent witness of the historical hysteria that gripped everyone during the nation’s 200th anniversary.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy:

The building depicted on the pin is the old Adams Meeting House or Oak Grove Church, founded in 1793. Here is a website with some history of the building:

Jerseyman,

Thank you for the help. I figured it was from down that way since the relative who gave this to my daughters was a member of the Repaupo Methodist church until her death a few years ago at 102 years of age. I was looking through the various pieces and this one interested me more than any of the others.

I will pass the info on to my mom.

Guy