Here are the links to some pictures:

6493749615_734dceabcb_z.jpg

6493748093_b8c3ce90a3_z.jpg

6493746463_3b876de800.jpg

6493744853_9280221dd8_z.jpg

6493938995_894807f269_z.jpg

6493942145_6485ac3900_z.jpg

6493940555_56102663b5_z.jpg
What is the writing that is next to the picture that looks like a little school house?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There is still plenty to hunt for, you just have to do your homework.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I just found another seven homesteads last week right in bevan WMA just several miles from my house using historical aerials.I thought I knew all the abandoned homestead sites from when the atate bought the land in world war 2 and forced out the farmers but I was mistaken ,I found seven more aerial surfing.one had a section of stone wall with timbers still sticking out of it.these houses were all abandoned in 42

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
yes.the day i found them on the aerials.I am eventually going to photograph all of them and post what info I have on them and the family names that lived in the ones I have the names for.They all had to be evacuated by the end of 42 and the Trimble family was out last.There are two nice cellar holes on their property complete with concrete steps still there.

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
yes.the day i found them on the aerials.I am eventually going to photograph all of them and post what info I have on them and the family names that lived in the ones I have the names for.They all had to be evacuated by the end of 42 and the Trimble family was out last.There are two nice cellar holes on their property complete with concrete steps still there.

Hey Al, when ya get a chance, let me know if any of the family names you have or come across is "Bartholomew".

Does anyone know what the words/books are that those pictures came from?

Mudpie:

Welcome to the forums! I cannot tell you where Flash obtained the photographs of the Woodmansie/Bullock school and post office, but I can tell you that he derived the photograph of the narrow-gauge locomotive and the Giberson house in Mount Misery from Henry Beck’s original 1936 edition of Forgotten Towns of Southern New Jersey. The engine appears facing page 112 and Giberson’s house faces page 209. When Rutgers Press published new editions of Beck’s works, they substituted photographs from William Augustine for the images in the original editions. For true Beck devotees, it is essential to own both editions of his books.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
Mudpie:

Welcome to the forums! I cannot tell you where Flash obtained the photographs of the Woodmansie/Bullock school and post office, but I can tell you that he derived the photograph of the narrow-gauge locomotive and the Giberson house in Mount Misery from Henry Beck’s original 1936 edition of Forgotten Towns of Southern New Jersey. The engine appears facing page 112 and Giberson’s house faces page 209. When Rutgers Press published new editions of Beck’s works, they substituted photographs from William Augustine for the images in the original editions. For true Beck devotees, it is essential to own both editions of his books.

Best regards,
Jerseyman
Thank You, maybe he will check in soon and get back to me on it.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Hey Al, when ya get a chance, let me know if any of the family names you have or come across is "Bartholomew".
I made a mistake.the last out were Tribbit not Trimble.
Chris
do you have relatives named Bartholomew from the baileytown area?Could have sworn I seen that name on a map of the area.maybe on a hartman map?Not sure.

Reactions: Chrisr

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
I made a mistake.the last out were Tribbit not Trimble.
Chris
do you have relatives named Bartholomew from the baileytown area?Could have sworn I seen that name on a map of the area.maybe on a hartman map?Not sure.

Not sure Al. I know I have relatives in Millville, though.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
BaileytownAreaFarms.jpg
BaileytownAreaFarms.jpg

Chris i went through my stuff looking for Bartholomew when you asked and didn;t see it.I was going over it again for a post I'm going to make in a little bit and found your Bartholomew.Picture of their property attached
here are the coords to the Bartholomew property.nice cellar hole there.I'll be posting a pic later down the line as i build my baileytown thread up.
39.36120° N 75.07876° W