Bullock/Pasadena/Mount Misery/Vandalism

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
View attachment 1817 View attachment 1817
Chris i went through my stuff looking for Bartholomew when you asked and didn;t see it.I was going over it again for a post I'm going to make in a little bit and found your Bartholomew.Picture of their property attached
here are the coords to the Bartholomew property.nice cellar hole there.I'll be posting a pic later down the line as i build my baileytown thread up.
39.36120° N 75.07876° W

Thanks much Al!!! I'll have to make a trip down that way sometime soon.

flash

Scout
Jul 25, 2009
What is the writing that is next to the picture that looks like a little school house?
-The first two pictures are of a school house and post office (Bullock/Woodmansie)
-The 2 sandstone foundation pictures are of Bullock
- The well and old road pictures are from Mt. Misery

Posted them because they are all within the same area

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
-The first two pictures are of a school house and post office (Bullock/Woodmansie)
-The 2 sandstone foundation pictures are of Bullock
- The well and old road pictures are from Mt. Misery

Posted them because they are all within the same area
Yes but what is the typed writing on the side of the pictures?
In other words where did they come from? A book, a scrapbook ect....?
Do you know where they were in Bullock, such as which road?
Im curious because there are cellar holes near my house.

flash

Scout
Jul 25, 2009
They are from an old scrap book. Cant remember the name of the individual who created it. The cellar holes for the two can be found between Woodmansie and Bullock right off of Savoy Blvd. i believe. The 2 sandstone cellar pics can be found right off of Mt. Misery Road not too far from the Savoy Blvd. intersection. The well is located just off of Mt. Misery Rd., on Piman road i think? Do not exactly remember, its been a while.

flash

Scout
Jul 25, 2009
The school house and the post office holes could be off of Mt. Misery rd., for i am not positive on their locations, but i believe they are located off of Savoy between Woodmansie and Mt. Misery Rd.

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
The school house and the post office holes could be off of Mt. Misery rd., for i am not positive on their locations, but i believe they are located off of Savoy between Woodmansie and Mt. Misery Rd.
Thank You, very interesting!

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Welcome to the forum mudpie, I toured your house with a realtor before you bought it. Great place. A little too much work was needed for someone like myself who is not particularly handy, and doesn't have much extra time. If you go across the street and towards savoy/pasadena road there are ruins. Sorry to hear of the break in. That is very unusual in that area.

Jeff

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
Hi, Thanks. It's actually my Uncles property. He bought it in August. I also thought it was way too much work but it was dream of his to live on some land far away from the hustle and bustle of things. I try to help him whenever I can. I was out there last week and I was in those ruins with my dog, who rolled in a dead deer and truly grossed me out..............I had to take her to the house and power wash her.............................

I love it out there but I wish we could afford to build a new house since the one that is there needs EVERYTHING!

Everyone is basically shocked about the vandalism. Which is good because it makes me feel safer thinking it was an unusual occurrence.

raven

May 6, 2007
Whiting
Hi, Thanks. It's actually my Uncles property. He bought it in August. I also thought it was way too much work but it was dream of his to live on some land far away from the hustle and bustle of things. I try to help him whenever I can. I was out there last week and I was in those ruins with my dog, who rolled in a dead deer and truly grossed me out..............I had to take her to the house and power wash her.............................

I love it out there but I wish we could afford to build a new house since the one that is there needs EVERYTHING!

Everyone is basically shocked about the vandalism. Which is good because it makes me feel safer thinking it was an unusual occurrence.
Hi, now I remember you, Harry's niece. We pass your house almost on a daily basis and had no idea about the vandalism.
We are so sorry. We built this house and never had an incedent. If you would like to email me with a phone number we will be glad to call you if we ever see suspicious activity ... ravenp@aol.com however we did hear that someone broke into southbranch hunt club and were stealing copper wire from the sand pit. the state police caught them.

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
I'd be happy with one of those, too. I keep my eye on the real estate in the area - the only property that I saw for sale under $250k was some place up Savoy Blvd.

Noticed a property for sale off Pasadena. Nice log home on 20 acres. Way out of the price range we could have afforded but fun to dream and look at the pictures on line!

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
Hi, now I remember you, Harry's niece. We pass your house almost on a daily basis and had no idea about the vandalism.
We are so sorry. We built this house and never had an incedent. If you would like to email me with a phone number we will be glad to call you if we ever see suspicious activity ... ravenp@aol.com however we did hear that someone broke into southbranch hunt club and were stealing copper wire from the sand pit. the state police caught them.

I sent you email and didnt hear back.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Nice.

Divorce, the big destroyer. The thief in the nite. The end of happy times. The proof that life is not fair.
My divorce sucked for my daughter but it made me do back flips. No loss is how I wrote it up,did much better the second time around.Hope you do to some day Bob,even if it means you kick your friends aside for awhile,hey I've done it,guys should understand.