Bullock/Pasadena/Mount Misery/Vandalism

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Nice.

Divorce, the big destroyer. The thief in the nite. The end of happy times. The proof that life is not fair.

Well, in my case I'm hoping it's "temporarily bad times" that lead to much better ones. Being single is better than being married to who I was married to.

The problem is finding someone who's reasonably well put together in their 30s and single. I have met a seemingly non stop stream of broken/emotionally unavailable people in the last three years.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The problem is finding someone who's reasonably well put together in their 30s and single. I have met a seemingly non stop stream of broken/emotionally unavailable people in the last three years.

Hrm, let me build on this before I sound too negative. I'm sure there's someone good out there and that I'll find her when the time is right.

Anyway, back to chatting about the Pines... ;)

candace lillie

Jan 25, 2012
My family just bought property out at Bullock Station. I see there is some info here on this site about Bullock. I am very interested in any history and especially photographs of the area.

Unfortunately I am quite upset that some awful intruder vandalized the house the other night. I am surprised since I am told there is very little crime in the area. They bashed in our sliding glass door and stole some of our much needed tools.

If anyone hears of similar vandalism please let me know, especially if someone is caught.

Bullock/Bullock Station named for early NJ Statesman Anthony Bullock who was also a local cranberry grower. I don't know whether it was originally his freight station on the NJSRR but it is likely. The pond on the opposite side of the tracks appears to be an old resorvoir . It was always known as a freight stop rather than passenger.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bullock/Bullock Station named for early NJ Statesman Anthony Bullock who was also a local cranberry grower. I don't know whether it was originally his freight station on the NJSRR but it is likely. The pond on the opposite side of the tracks appears to be an old resorvoir . It was always known as a freight stop rather than passenger.

By just consulting "The Trail of the Blue Comet" we can learn that is was just a frieght station built in 1885 and removed in 1926. He also owned the bog in the link below which now is owned by William J. Poinsett. I have the survey of the property showing stones marked with AB. They are no longer there.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.87914814240379&lng=-74.4674563407898&z=16&type=h&gpx=

Guy

Reactions: mudpie

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
Hey guys here is my input sort of off topic.

You must keep yourselves as much in the pines as possible. That will enable you to heal from the big D.

As the pines naturally heals you. Then you will find her.

It is what I used 16 years ago and it worked for me.

When all shit was hitting the fan its seems the cathedrals of tall pines and cedars exposed the creators spiritual ability to heal me.

There is also that special preserved triangles we have spoken of always available to both of you.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That sure is off topic. Read that again tomorrow and you will see.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Im curious because there are cellar holes near my house.

Mudpie,

This may clear up a few things. The link below is a map of a survey of lands of William P. Bryan at Bullock. It was surveyed on 12/22/1911 and this map is from that date and was copied from and old blueprint on 1/22/1936. It shows the home of William P. Bryan which you are familiar with. It also shows the ruins you had questions about which clearly shows them to be the cranberry house and a store house. This map is north up and can be compared to the second link.

http://teegate.njpinebarrens.com/06272014/Wm_P_Bryan.jpg

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.883211637336075&lng=-74.45320971282956&z=17&type=hybrid&gpx=

Guy

mudpie

Explorer
Dec 4, 2011
Bullock
Mudpie,

This may clear up a few things. The link below is a map of a survey of lands of William P. Bryan at Bullock. It was surveyed on 12/22/1911 and this map is from that date and was copied from and old blueprint on 1/22/1936. It shows the home of William P. Bryan which you are familiar with. It also shows the ruins you had questions about which clearly shows them to be the cranberry house and a store house. This map is north up and can be compared to the second link.

http://teegate.njpinebarrens.com/06272014/Wm_P_Bryan.jpg

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.883211637336075&lng=-74.45320971282956&z=17&type=hybrid&gpx=

Guy
OMG Im so excited! Where did you get that map and how can I see more of it?

Reactions: manumuskin