Cool, comfortable camping gear

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
Neat stuff, I like to rough it but taking the kids along is a different story. Last summer me and the wife took all five of the kids,ages 8,7,4 and a pair of 5s camping. By the time one meal was cooked and cleaned up it was time to start another! The kids had fun though . The climax of the trip came at about 1:30 am on the second night when the twins woke up and started puking on each other. Of course the other ones did not want to be left out and started gaging also.
So we decided it was time to go, we had to walk about three hundred yards to get to the car with 5 sick kids on a dark trail in the middle of the night, it looked like something out of the blair witch project. We threw the puke soaked kids in the car and drove home...3 hours. I slept for about 1 hour and drove back to recover our vomit covered gear....yup nothing like family camping!
Of course I am going to try it again this year.I just think we will go a little easier on the marshmallows and hot dogs over the fire right before bed.

grendel said:
Neat stuff, I like to rough it but taking the kids along is a different story. Last summer me and the wife took all five of the kids,ages 8,7,4 and a pair of 5s camping. By the time one meal was cooked and cleaned up it was time to start another! The kids had fun though . The climax of the trip came at about 1:30 am on the second night when the twins woke up and started puking on each other. Of course the other ones did not want to be left out and started gaging also.
So we decided it was time to go, we had to walk about three hundred yards to get to the car with 5 sick kids on a dark trail in the middle of the night, it looked like something out of the blair witch project. We threw the puke soaked kids in the car and drove home...3 hours. I slept for about 1 hour and drove back to recover our vomit covered gear....yup nothing like family camping!
Of course I am going to try it again this year.I just think we will go a little easier on the marshmallows and hot dogs over the fire right before bed.

Ahhh.........good times. What a great memory that will be.

Steve