Earthquake or ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boyd, Feb 21, 2013.

1. dogg57 Piney

I will go with The government...either military or there playing with the weather.Thanks 49er
  2. Teegate Administrator

We just had an explosion near our house. Sirens and fire trucks in the distance.
  3. Teegate Administrator

4. Teegate Administrator

5. Teegate Administrator

6. Teegate Administrator

7. oji Piney

They're playing with the Howitzers on Ft. Dix. (JBMDL)
  8. Gibby Piney

Would you believe that I can hear and feel the thumps of the exploding shells here in Trenton? The overcast sky and temperatures are perfect for long range acoustics. At first, I thought it was the the power plant at Duck Island venting steam or blowing out the stacks, but soon came to realize what I was hearing was activity at Fort Dix. The base is about twenty miles away from where I live!
  9. Boyd Piney

Just heard two more of these 'booms' and now there is a continuing low frequency rumble rattling the windows slightly. Started at about 4:07. Inside now but headed out for a walk, maybe the source will be more clear there. I'm thinking they must be some kind of sonic booms.
  10. Boyd Piney

Heard it again about 4:58 while I was outside, it was coming from the Southwest. This time I think there may be a simple explanation... thunder. :D Some dark clouds have appeared and we had a light sprinkle.

thunder.jpg
  11. imkms New Member

12. Spung-Man Explorer

Back in February I checked with friends at the Delaware Geological Survey. Nothing seismic was recorded. There was no ordnance testing at Aberdeen or Wallops Island, the direction that I heard the rumble come from.

That boom was heard in Mays Landing, Vineland, Elmer, Tabernacle, and Mt. Laurel, which is a 26- by 10-mile swath running N/S or S/N. An airplane would have to pass along that trajectory to be heard in each area, yet there was no jet engine sound heard or contrails seen – at least by me. I spent a good amount of time in the outdoors but this sound was a first.

The snow peas (Oregon Giant) planted that day are now a foot tall.
  13. dogg57 Piney

March 19........Cape May County Emergency Management says it’s received numerous phone calls regarding “building shaking and trembling” around the Wildwood/Mays Landing area.
    North Wildwood Mayor Bill Henfey also says he received two calls, and several calls have been reported in Lower Township as well.
    The shaking apparently happened around 3 p.m. on Tuesday and was felt throughout Cape May County all the way up to Egg Harbor Township in Atlantic County.
    The USGS says they have a “zero” reading for any seismic activity, and they’ve ruled out an earthquake.
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...rted-in-cape-may-county-earthquake-ruled-out/
  14. imkms New Member