Finally got it.

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
Yes. All the research I have done have been in libraries and map studies. I read exceprts of his writing throughout the years...but I was interested more in actual tax office information...parcels etc...old maps...I have read books about each individual town at the Cherry Hill, Burlington, Maple Shade, BCC libraries etc...I never go with what everyone else is doing :)
Ever read the book South Jersey Towns? That book is the shizzle in my eyes.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I have two copies of SJ Towns. I always thought it was "meh."

The real gem IMHO is More Forgotten Towns.

I have never had any luck getting anything from tax offices. Everyone is always too busy to help (this is at Toms River courthouse) and if you're not researching anything current you can go F yourself.

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
bruset said:
I have two copies of SJ Towns. I always thought it was "meh."

The real gem IMHO is More Forgotten Towns.

I have never had any luck getting anything from tax offices. Everyone is always too busy to help (this is at Toms River courthouse) and if you're not researching anything current you can go F yourself.
Tell me more about the More Forgotten Towns...I just finished reading about Speedwell and Dr Still.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
It's the sequel. Beck goes to other towns and does pretty much the same as he did in Forgotten Towns.

When I get home I will type up the chapter list.

I also like it because it has an index.

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
TeeGate said:
So true!!

Guy
This book seems a lot more personable....with interview interplay between Beck and the residents he visited. Very candid material as well. I am in the middle of talking with some friends at NJN to do a southern NJ History program. Lets cross some fingers...

tg