Hot summer evening bike ride

Bog

The Blue Crane:

crawlercrane360032.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is very important that this sighting of a Blue Crane be written up and submitted the the NJ Bird Records Comm. It is very possibly a North American record! As the administrator of the site, I assume you have enough knowledge of NJ birds not to be calling a common species like the Great Blue Heron a Blue Crane so this is an important sighting! I can't believe it languished so long in these messages without it showing up on some sighting hotlines!

Being an administrator of this site does not make me an expert on birds, or to know how common or rare they are. I just looked at a photo of a Great Blue Heron and that is the bird we saw.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Actually, our administrator was given the alebazdunku ceremony yesterday along the Oswego River. Not for a deed of valour, or meritorius conduct, but because of his ability to shrug it off when Chris told him he forgot the pasta salad. We celebrated this event by sticking the feather of a Accipiter cooperii or Buteo jamaicensis (in the heat, we forget which) into his hair.

Our administrator is now known as a man of ugaba. If trouble begins to create turmoil among the PBX tribe, he will reinstate peace and order.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
It is very important that this sighting of a Blue Crane be written up and submitted the the NJ Bird Records Comm. It is very possibly a North American record! As the administrator of the site, I assume you have enough knowledge of NJ birds not to be calling a common species like the Great Blue Heron a Blue Crane so this is an important sighting! I can't believe it languished so long in these messages without it showing up on some sighting hotlines!

:rolleyes:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Rob from work and resumed our summer bicycle rides tonight. We returned to the Repaupo area when my relatives live, rode through Gibbstown, and visited the flood gates along the Delaware. On the way back we ran into a home owner who may be a relative of mine and he told us he had a chicken with a broken neck. He just walked out into the road and told us this. So we stopped and I took these.

IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_7963.JPG

On the way across the bridge at Exit 14 on 295 I took this Then And Now photo. The first one is about 1978 and the second one is today after they moved the bridge to straighten the road and extend the on and off ramps. My grandparents house was under a portion of the present bridge.

Notice tonights storm coming in the bottom photo.

exit14.jpg

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We just resumed them yesterday. For various reasons we have been having problems getting together for this so I am never certain when we are going. We have decided that this area is where we will continue to go if we do since it is a 15 minute ride down 295 to get there. Riding where we live is a joke.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

It's been a long day and I am tired. Rob and I rode 15 miles tonight visiting the Bridgeport Ferry area again and a few other locations. I will write more tomorrow night. However, in the interim here are a few things to ponder. Do you have any idea what this bug is? It runs with it's head down and it's back up. It was really fast so out of the 20 photo's I took these are the best.

IMG_8034a.jpg

IMG_8035a.jpg

And you might find this "Then And Now" interesting. The first photo shows my mom in the front most likely around 1929 or so, with her sisters behind her, and the woman in the back and the boy being relatives. The house was my moms parents at the time.

IMG_8014.JPG

Rob checking the same location over tonight about 80 years later.

IMG_8047.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It does look interesting. I wonder how it would be if lets say I rode across Quaker Bridge :)

Guy