Jim Murphy, passed away

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Jim Murphy, passed away on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune. He was affectionately known as "The Pine Baron" as he headed a country music and blue grass band of that name for 44 years. He received many awards for his singing and for songs he has written. He was Assistant Superintendent of Brick Schools for many years. Jim was a proud member of the Old Guard and was an Eucharistic Minister and lector at St. Dominic's Church. He was a devoted husband, loving father and grandfather.

He leaves behind his wife of 59 years, Shelagh Marie. Also their 6 children, Shelagh Julia, Tim and wife Suzanne, Mary and husband Larry, Gerry and wife Cyndi, Ann and husband Ed, Chris and wife Lisa. Also their 13 wonderful grandchildren, Jack, Shelagh and Katie, Oliver, Megan and husband Scott, Kaitlyn and husband Mike, Karagh, Julia, Liz, Emily and Eddie, Danielle and Erica.

Family and friends may call from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 20, 2012 at the O'Brien Funeral Home, 505 Burnt Tavern Road, Brick. A Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, May 21 at St. Dominic's Church, 250 Old Squan Road, Brick. Burial to follow at NJ Veterans Cemetery, Arneytown. In lieu of flowers, please contribute to "St. Vincent de Paul" of St. Dominic's Church to help the needy in his parish.
ASB045658-1_20120517.jpg

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
A sad loss for us all. I had just talked to him recently at the "Lines" event at Frog Rock, telling him how much much I admired his music, and how I looked forward to seeing him perform again.

From one to another... Rest in Peace, Pine Baron.

strom

Scout
Apr 24, 2004
barnegat. nj
awww.................just say it aint so.........................jim murphy dead......................fine old gentleman.............good musician too.
another part of piney history gone...............................