KKK in the pines?

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I had a first sergeant who did not consider Virginia a southern state. New Jersey, hah. He was from Texas. While driving through Alabama a few months ago, I did not see as many Confederate battle flags as I thought I would, nor in any of the other states in the deep south. I don't think I have ever seen the Stars and Bars displayed, except by reenactors.

wow! everytime I go to Florida its all over the place (no I do not go to the stupid vacation citys). even down here you see it alot. You are right though on the states, most southern people will call people from North Carolina, yankees. When we travel down there for the mudbogs, they call us "yanknecks" lol.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I’ve always been amused in the past by the comments made by people who thought the Mason-Dixon Line applies to any division of New Jersey. As already posted, the statements usually include the term “if you extend the line with a ruler….”. Well, by that rationale, I could look up my house on the twp. tax map and extend lines with a ruler all over the place and end up owning half the town. The word “if” is a very little and often overlooked word, but a very powerful one.

Agreed, and the linguistic gyrations employed to impart some sense of North-South division to the state during the Civil War are perhaps even funnier. There were sympathies of every variety in various places at the time, of course, but New Jersey was and is the North.