Plane wreckage at Bear Swamp Hill

Roostriz

Scout
Feb 16, 2005
Egg Harbor
Just and update, I spoke to my friend Jon about the crash. He told me there were two. An F4 crashed just North of Bear Swamp Hill sometime after the 105 and you can find wreckage of that as well. I will see if I can get you some accurate coordinates tonight if anyone is interested.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea...Jessica is 21 today. She went with my wife to the local tavern and obviously was carded. And worse yet a cop came in bringing in legal papers for the bar, and told her she should not drink so early in the day. It was 2PM.

She had a cosmopolitan. It is hard to believe she has done something that I have never done, ordered a drink and drank it.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
TeeGate said:
Yea...Jessica is 21 today. She went with my wife to the local tavern and obviously was carded. And worse yet a cop came in bringing in legal papers for the bar, and told her she should not drink so early in the day. It was 2PM.

She had a cosmopolitan. It is hard to believe she has done something that I have never done, ordered a drink and drank it.

Guy

Happy Birthday Jessica........:cool:

How did you like the drink?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
Happy Birthday Jessica........:cool:

How did you like the drink?

She does not read the posts, but she said she liked it.

Guy

Roostriz

Scout
Feb 16, 2005
Egg Harbor
Bob thanks for the heads-up. As you can see from my post count I don't really know anything about anyone around here.

Guy, Happy Birthday to your daughter!
IIRC, there is mostly fragments of the fuselage left of the F4. I think the military did a fairly good job of cleaning up all the big stuff after the crash. Plus with this snow it may be difficult to find much anyway. But you never know. Let me know how you make out if you go out there. I haven't been to that site in quite some time.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Roostriz said:
Bob thanks for the heads-up. As you can see from my post count I don't really know anything about anyone around here.

I was just kidding Roost. Guy has more get up and go than any of us. I wished he lived in the pines so we could explore more.........bob

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
I was just kidding Roost. Guy has more get up and go than any of us. I wished he lived in the pines so we could explore more.........bob

Bob,

I am always out there...I just need a little advanced notice because of the distance. I would love to explore more with you.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Roostriz said:
Just and update, I spoke to my friend Jon about the crash. He told me there were two. An F4 crashed just North of Bear Swamp Hill sometime after the 105 and you can find wreckage of that as well. I will see if I can get you some accurate coordinates tonight if anyone is interested.

I asked around and very reliable and nice source was able to find some info on the F4E crash.

It was out of McGuire and the pilot was Benjamin J. Zerbey a First Lieutenant with the 108th Airborne. I assume he was involved in Ground Gunnery because that is mentioned. There was a fire in the plane and he bailed out on Chatsworth Sooy Road.

There may have been another person in the plane by the name of M. L. Cunniff who also was a First Lieutenant.

This occurred on June 18, 1985.

Guy

MidnightCNR

May 6, 2006
Shamong, NJ
what is the easiest way to get to bear swamp hill? i live right around the atsion, carannza area, and was interesting in exploring around that area some, any help would be great, thanks guys.