Sandy Ridge Station

Sandy Ridge Station

Is anyone familiar with it? It shows on the 1933 road map I just got today. (yeah, another one lol). It is on the Central R.R. north of Carenza Rd. about 1/3 the way to Harris Station. I wish I had gotten this map earlier because KenDawg and I were just on the road along there yesterday! We didn't see anything but then again we were not really looking. We did find, much nearer to Harris Station, what we believe to be huge doors from a boxcar. I didn't take pictures as they were covered with snow. I'll wait for the snow to melt and go back.

I would guess that this would be the approximate locatin:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=1...50&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

B

bach2yoga

njvike said:
TeeGate said:
Thanks Ken!

Guy

Anytime. BTW, nice pictures. I only wish I got the jump on the Pines as you did. I started in 1981 which was too late. It seems that you captured so much as shown in your photos. Thanks for sharing!

Still got more time in than me, I only started about 2 years ago, though I was exploring more generally before that because of my interest in nature.

One of the most interesting things to me, and often sad, are the now and then photos that Guy has.

Renee

B

BarryC

On a similar note, Marilyn Schmidt told me the other day that she knows someone who grew up at Sandy Ridge. (I assume that's not necessarily the same as Sandy Ridge Station.) One day I'll ask her if this person ever told her any stories.
Right now there's a somewhat new member in my group who spent the first 6 years of her life at Friendship.
Barry

B

bach2yoga

BarryC said:
On a similar note, Marilyn Schmidt told me the other day that she knows someone who grew up at Sandy Ridge. (I assume that's not necessarily the same as Sandy Ridge Station.) One day I'll ask her if this person ever told her any stories.
Right now there's a somewhat new member in my group who spent the first 6 years of her life at Friendship.
Barry

I was looking at it on one of the older maps the other day, they are in roughly the same vicinity, indicating, I assume, that the station is so named after Sandy Ridge. I think the station was a bit to the north, but don't quote me on it.

Renee