Savoy and Route 72 development??

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Since we have had discussions on Butler Place right along 72 near Savoy Blvd, I though you might also find this interesting.

You may think as I did that Brendan Byrne Forest takes up all of the property on the north side of 72 from the Four Mile circle to the Jersey Central RR bridge over 72, but you would be wrong as I was, or so it seems.

Right at the NW corner of the Jersey Central RR bridge there is a small triangle shaped piece of property that may not be owned by the state. In fact there are about 70 lots with 9 streets that possibly could be built on. Some of the street names are:

24th
25th
26th
27th
Washington
Kossuth
Lincoln
Prince St.
Columbus Ave

Here is a map showing the property. The yellow arrows show the state property line, and the streets should be obvious to you. The blue square is in the middle of the triangle in question.

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/teegate/main.php/download/879-1/triangle1.jpg

What I also find interesting is that the road on that side of 72 is still called Savoy Blvd and not Pasadena road in this area. Maybe I should have known that, but I did not.

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/teegate/main.php/download/882-1/triangle2.jpg

There always is a possibility that the state purchased these lots in the past, and we have no worries that there will be homes there, but the fact remains that those lots are still on record as viable lots, at least that is how I see it.

Guy

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
Interesting that the numbered streets start at 24 and go up on that plot. Where were 1-23? The other side of the road?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Gerania said:
Interesting that the numbered streets start at 24 and go up on that plot. Where were 1-23? The other side of the road?

I would assume so. I was just concentrating on this section since it was odd that only that corner triangle was not owned as far as I can tell by the state.

I have found many other places in the pines shown the same way, some near Union Clay Works. Much of that property is NOT owned by the state. There were page after page of private owners in that area, a few of them gun clubs.

Guy

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
TeeGate said:
I have found many other places in the pines shown the same way, some near Union Clay Works. Much of that property is NOT owned by the state. There were page after page of private owners in that area, a few of them gun clubs.

Guy

I knew that there was some gun club property back there, but I was unaware that a significant amount of land was privately owned.

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
judging from the high numbers on the roads, i wonder if it was part of a grand plan for woodland twp

which may eventualy meant lower numbers for roads closer to chatsworth along or close by savoy blvd that never got on paper