Today in Wharton And Yesterday At Harleigh Cemetery

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We were driving from Quaker Bridge to Lower Forge this morning around 7:30 and came upon two vehicles just before Lower Forge in the road where it is very sandy. The one in the back was from Philly and did not look stuck but the one in the front may have been. There was a go around by them so I started around and Jessica yelled for me to stop. They had set up a tent in the go around and were camping. The road was completely blocked so I turned around and left. It added about 30 minutes to my drive.

Yesterday my brother, Jessica and I visited Harleigh Cemetery to visit our ancestors and clean their graves. While there we were treated to a huge funeral with a beautiful horse drawn glass or clear plastic carriage where the casket was in clear view. Car upon car followed it in and starting filling up near our car so we moved on. Later, the huge horse trailer came through the cemetery to pick up the horses. Not sure how the carriage got out of there.

We also again stopped at Beck's grave and it is almost impossible to read. Pollution is making it harder and harder to view cemetery stones anymore. However, I took some steps to remedy that with Beck's grave so when I go back in a few months things should look better.

IMG_0182a.jpg

I also again visited the graves of the other two men in this photo from Fairton Cemetery. All three are at Harleigh and I also took some steps to improve the looks of the graves at Harleigh of everyone in this below photo.

Fairton Cemetery

Second Fairton_markeda.jpg

My brother had never viewed our Great Great Grandfather's grave so we visited him. They have finally cut the bushes allowing full view of George Washington Steed's grave.

IMG_0184a.jpg

Jessica secretly used my brothers iPad to take a photo of these two old farts cleaning graves. Not sure who they are but the car in the distance looks really familiar :D

image0a.jpg