Upcoming events

B

bach2yoga

Upcoming events--if anyone is interested in any of these events, contact the associated organization or let me know if you need more info.
Renee

*trail work at Unexpected Wildlife Refuge--Barry, wanna go? Feb 21st, anyone else? Karl Anderson will be leading a botany trip here in September

also on the 21st -Basic Outdoor Survival Course $35, contact russell@pinelandsalliance.org

Feb 26 8 pm Philadelphia Botanical Club meeting, topic is Lichens of NJ.James Lendemer will be doing the presentation. While we were at Hirst Ponds last year (a TNC property in the Pines), he discovered a new -
to-science lichen.

Nature Conservancy events Where in the Pines, where the kids (and parents if they don't already know) will get to learn how to use a compass,etc., Feb 28 contact rfree@tnc.org takes place in the pine plains

Also on the 28-Stockton State College,
volunteer training to ID herpes (frogs, salamanders) that breed in vernal ponds

March 6 Pinelands Short Course at Burlington county college state

Herpes training, same course as on 28th, held again on 13th at Basking Ridge (I'm going to this one)

March 20 Archaeological Society of NJ meeting at Vineland Historical Society time TBA

March 27 Nature Conservancy: Geology of the Pine Barrens, led by a geologist---contact rfree@tnc.org if you are interested

March 28&29 Overnight Survival Course, must have completed Basic Survival Course. Contact russell@pinelandsalliance.org

Also, there is a workshop called Down Barnegat Bay in Waretown on Friday 2 April. Teachers certification available.

Want to walk the entire Batona Trail? Friday 16-18 April. $35 russell@pinelandsalliance.org

You can also do just a portion. Joe and I will be doing Sunday, beginning near Batona campsite I think, through Apple Pie Hill and ending at Ong's Hat. Prorated if you only are doing a portion.