Warren Grove

pineypwr17

Feb 10, 2004
Does anyone know anything about the lake that is in the pines in warren grove. if you take beaver dam road past that small pond and then go left and then your first right after that, the lake is on your right and there is some sort of house on it??its a nice like too.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am assuming you are talking about the Nature Conservatory house. This was a private residence years ago and the property was sold to the NC. They usually just leave whatever is on the property when they purchase it and who knows what will happen to it. BobM has been inside it and can tell you more maybe.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/islandtee/IMG_3644.jpg

Hopefully I have the correct house.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry...it is the "Nature Conservancy". I spelled that wrong.

http://nature.org/

They are a world wide organization that purchases land to keep it from being developed. From my point of view they seem to leave the land as it was when they purchased it. BobM if I am correct volunteers to help them out, and was there at that building when they did a plant and animal inventory after they purchased it. They sent volunteers out who were knowledgeable on this and they reported back to the house on what they found.

As for fishing, I can't be sure if they allow that. I am willing to bet that nobody will stop you from doing that but don't take my word on it. Maybe someone else can help you with that question.

Did I have the right house?

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
You are correct in everything you say Guy. It was sold to the Nature Conservancy for a pittance (or it may have even been given to them). The inside is very sparse, I would not even care for it as a hunting cabin. I would push it down and rebuild were it me.

I would fish in the lake. What the hell, know what I mean?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
And there is a little island out there, so if you are worried fish on the other side of it.

Just rambling here, but they are a world wide organization that has other more important things to worry about than you catching the fish. They have just left the house fall apart and don't even keep you from going to it. That place is just a piece of paper in their growing list of properties they own.

Guy