Late last night on Savoy Blvd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Was headed home on my usual route through the pines last night after attending my granddaughter's dance recital in New York. I don't think I saw another car on Pasadena road the whole way from Whiting to Route 72. It was about 1:00 AM when I got to Savoy Blvd and all of a sudden both sides of the road were lined with parked cars and there was a mass of people completely blocking the road. Not just a few people…. maybe as many as 100.

It was kind of a shock to come across this - no signs, the cars were dark although a few people had flashlights. Someone yelled "let this guy through" and people gradually opened up enough space for me to pass.

This is one of the stranger things I've come across while driving through the pines. It was more or less the area where the old ORV park used to be, around here: http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.8438449879156&lng=-74.49851531188966&z=15&type=terrain&gpx=

Any idea what was going on?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
There is more rubber on that stretch than on my tires :D They must like it there since its downhill and go faster

Dover Road has a similar spot; they used to gather there just after midnight.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I agree.

On a somewhat maybe similar note, I have poor video of a motorcycle accident on the 206 circle yesterday and today on 72 a truck crashed right into a tree at 90 degrees from the road. It was demolished. I have to assume it was swerving and went perpendicular with the road before it hit the tree.

206 circle

motor.jpg

Last edited: