Where is this?

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Saw this while wandering about back in May and forgot to post it sooner.

where.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wanted to use this photo but it did not have the clue in it (another clue), so I had to brighten the other one and it ruined the clouds. I have been having a tough time using the manual feature lately. I made some changes and can't get the photos to look like I want them to look.

DSC_2622a.jpg

Reactions: John

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well; I'll take a guess. It is where Fleming Pike crosses the Sleeper Branch. I've have not been at that location.
You are correct.

The Sleeper has been destroyed by beaver along the complete length. They have flooded the cedar swamps at Parkdale and killed many of the trees. Most if not all of the Parkdale property corners are flooded or underwater. However, it is a wild area if you like that. The bridge is deteriorating and without others placing wood on it some people would have to jump across certain area's.

Just don't go now because the chigger ticks are severe.

sleeper.jpg

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Quite a bit of lost history there. All kinds of things to see if you wander on state land. And I found a major mistake in the Wharton survey and it is easy to get on private land and not know it. Jessica did not like being there.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Where is this?

This is most likely going to be a really tough one so I am going to tell you it is in Lebanon on a dead end road. The tire has been there forever? Firestone BTW :D

DSC_2972a.jpg