Are you old?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ok...there is a new ring tone for cell phones that most teenagers can hear but "adults" can't and that way the phone can ring in class and the teacher will not hear it. So Jessica found it online and we did a test here. I turned the volume all the way up and the 4 of us listened to it. Now I have hearing problems as it is from work and I heard absolutely nothing, but both kids and even my wife ran out of the room holding their ears.

So...how old are you :)

http://download.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/atc/atc_teenbuzz.mp3

Guy

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
Teen repellent Mosquito, the original one, has a higher pitch than the ringtone. I can hear the ringtone, but I doubt that I'd be able to hear Mosquito.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Actually, I am not even sure that this one is the ringtone sound.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It actually was an article or maybe a radio feature on NPR. I am assuming now it is not a ringtone just a sound that most older people or deaf people like me can't hear.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This post tells why maybe some of us can hear it on the computer.

"I think that the sound doesn't work that well on the pc, because some adults can hear it, but on the cellphone they can't."

Guy

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
My son found several versions of the ringtone offered online. One I could hear. Another required turning up the speaker and moving left and right till I could pick up the sound. The third I couldn't hear at all. You know which one he downloaded to his phone.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I couldn't hear a thing, and one of the people I work with is here and she can't hear it either. In my case, I've spent many years working in noisy carpentry shops...

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
Ok...there is a new ring tone for cell phones that most teenagers can hear but "adults" can't and that way the phone can ring in class and the teacher will not hear it. So Jessica found it online and we did a test here. I turned the volume all the way up and the 4 of us listened to it. Now I have hearing problems as it is from work and I heard absolutely nothing, but both kids and even my wife ran out of the room holding their ears.

So...how old are you :)

http://download.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/atc/atc_teenbuzz.mp3

Guy

My ears are still rattlin :)

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Hey Deesweet

Hey Deesweet, this is off topic, I noticed you're from Bellmawr--my wife graduated from Triton in 1975---she lived on 4th Ave.---anyway, Hi and welcome!!