Purgatory House trouble

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Well, it seems that there are still some that haven't figured out that the Purgatory House is patrolled. I drove past on route 70 today and saw a white car and two state cruisers with lights flashing. Somebody's parents are going to be mad.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I have heard NUMEROUS stories about this place. A bunch of friends would come here to check out in HS. I have heard over the years that the floorboards were falling out and deemed unsafe to venture inside. Crazy story behind it though. Sad to see an urban legend literally go up in smoke!

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I thought it was purchased by locals to keep the legend intact...How did it burn down? Wiring etc has been pulled from the house years ago. It wasn't electrical. I wonder if a bum was hiding up in there. Just seems rather fishy.

The website I believe they are referring to is Weird NJ. I have seen it posted there and numerous videos over the years. The thing was a disaster and unsafe. Holes in the floor in some areas. Better it go up in smoke than some idiot die.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Simmer. Simmer. Simmer, okay? I'm kissing the Bumpkin with my last statement and you just HAVE to rub it in, don't ya?? Like OMG! Hahahahahahaha hahahahaha

Go find the foxes of Pomeroy....won't ya?

Reactions: bobpbx