Silver Fox Inn

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Went by there late yesterday afternoon and only the usual car was in the parking lot.

Guy

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
that place was happening when I drove by the other night. not sure if it was sat. night or last night, but there were more cars in the parking lot than the town tavern on bikini lunch

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
I know some things!!! Get back to me!

Dorace.....just share a tale or two and folks will jump right in. This has been a fun "thread" or "conversation" about the Silver Fox Inn. Shortly after posting your story/experience someone will most likely respond. Folks enjoy sharing on this site and I am sure you will make friends quickly. After posting, keep an eye on the "Forums" page, at the bottom, to see what the latest responses have been. If you are not online for a few days, you can always go back to this original thread.

Welcome to the site... Turtle

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Dorace,
I did get your PM. Interesting. We do have some things to share it seems. I'll get back be assured. I'm so busy of late but I wanted to take a moment like Turtle and welcome you. This is a fun place. Please, share with everyone. The Two Fox threads on here each have good stuff on them. I'd like to think they've dispelled some rumors and mysteries of the place and opened a few doors to curious passers by. Share what you got, and be assured you'll pick up a friend or two along the way.
I got a couple other bar stories on here if you look and there are tales of Inns and Taverns scattered all over the forums. There's even one or two, or fourty or fifty folks on here who like their beer. I even think there's a thread dedicated to it like beer is somehow interesting.

g.

HammontonChick66

Sep 28, 2010
Florence (aka Foxy) and Charles Domin bought the place in the mid 1950's. They moved here from Philadelphia. They operated a restaurant and lounge there since that date. Charlie made lots of improvements to the place but never finished the two (2) cabins on either side of the Lounge. They were to be used by patrons who were "Overserved" but never got done. Charlie died about 20 years ago and it has just been Foxy running the place, so it is a bit run down. Used to be a great place to go, but lost it's charm when the new "Manager" took over.

Years before Foxy and Charlie bought it, they used to raise foxes there for fur coats, hence the name "Silver Fox". Many years ago there was an airstrip out back but it is now a 24 acre farm, which Pastore's leases from Foxy.

The blue Cadillac is Foxy's and her husband bought it for her and she will not part with it. It leaves when she leaves this earth!

She turns 85 years old at the end of September. The place is being run by some woman Anita who has pretty much taken over and made all kinds of "improvements". Last we heard it was bought at a tax sale about 3 years ago because she has not paid taxes for 3 years. I'm sure that can be researched at the Winslow Twp. Tax office (public information). Maybe this Anita owns it now, I don't know.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
To revive an old thread.....

Guess who will be working at the Silver Fox?

Yep..me.

I just talked to Anita and am going to go get a schedule and stuff on Tuesday.

The bar will be open at 3:00 in the afternoon now and eventually the kitchen will get up and running and will be open even earlier.

If you haven't had a chance to stop in there, you should. It has great atmosphere and Foxy can tell a hell of a story, hehe.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Sounds like a great stop. I love a good bar with some character. Im gonna check it out in the near future. Let me know what days you work so I can meet a new face. Congrats on the job.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Foxy, who has owned it for 50+ years sits at the bar every day!

I am hanging in there helping, starting a happy hour and a kitchen will be there soon and it will be opening noon on for lunch, etc.

Right now they are running a special for the PB people! Come in between 4pm and 8pm Wednesday thru Friday and mention your screen name and you will be treated to $2 domestic bottles and $3 imported plus a dollar off shots and mixed drinks! Fresh popped popcorn, hot dogs, jello shots and pickled eggs and sausages!

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Hey I revived this old thread. Driving through the area over the weekend I noticed The Fox was closed and the Caddy was a memory. I didn't see anything about this in other threads but may have missed it. Can one of the locals fill me in. Thanks.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
It is a sadness yes. I go by there no less than 4 days a week and everytime a glance and a memory, memories truth be told.
Scott knows the real skinny and clued me in. Not what I would have considered. Such is life.

Make no mistake, The Fox is very relevant to the Pine Barrens and it's many connections are as intricate and interwoven any watershed is to any point in the Pines. I am sorry I never made time for a few more visits but time never allowed it as a priority, passing by in the beloved Elm of my youth. Life sure is a circular thing.

I've shared a little on it but some of the deepest stuff that ever happened behind those doors that I experienced when I stepped into the abyss years back dies with that building, me, and an enigma of a woman within it's walls.

g