Harrisville Pond

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Checked out some islands today,The first one was out of this area and chewed me up so bad I didn't even pull the camera out though it was a very nice island.Some very very nice islands around harrisvill Pond and it was Sophies first trip to the woods in five weeks after nearly cutting her foot off.
IMG_1466_zpsbcaedaba.jpg

IMG_1465_zps3fe321c4.jpg

IMG_1462_3_4_tonemapped_zps215fe6b5.jpg

IMG_1456_7_8_tonemapped_zps87d30a76.jpg

IMG_1455_zps803a0aa4.jpg

IMG_1453_zps0a36280d.jpg

IMG_1450_zpsa14184b1.jpg

IMG_1449_zps70047b59.jpg

The last pic is of the purplest pitcher plant I have ever seen.I may go back and get a close up but was not up to laying in the water to get a good pic.It was royal purple
heading back to check out more islands next week.
and here is the track
http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/index...118530273&z=13&type=nj2007&gpx=NJPB1281790965

Reactions: John

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks like a nice outing. Glad to see she is doing well. I really like the fourth photo.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
That is HDR.I'm liking HDR the more I fool with it.Eventually I'm going to buy Photomatix and get rid of the logo.I clone them out sometimes but these two pics look like it's going to be a time consuming process not to ruin them in the process.You don't think the HDR is too freaky?

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I really love the way the green of the sphagnum moss pops out at you in the fourth pic. That one's worthy of being printed as a poster. And what's with all the labs on this site? Is owning one a requirement? If so, I'm covered, having a black and a yellow. I'd love to round out the group with a chocolate but the wife would banish the four of us to a life in the kennel.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
My wife wanted a chocolate as well but we have been informed that while being better hunters chocolates do not behave as well as blacks.Sophie is the best behaved dog I have ever seen.She has never chewed anything up that wasn't hers.She will take treats so gentle you can give them to her with your mouth.Her sister a yellow lab would knock your teeth out and chew your face off if you tried that.Sophie occasionally makes me look for her when were in the woods and this does get on my nerves because if i lose her there will be hell to pay when I get home.Momma loves her like her child so this adds stress.She is not leash trained and thats our fault but a dog on a leash in the woods is like going to a so called "Gentlemans Club".Whats the point? I want a dog that runs free.I think her problem is the floppy ears.I have called her and seen her in open woods fifty yards away looking nack and forth when I call as if she can't locate me.I honestly think when I can't see her she is running back and forth thinking "Where the hell is he?"Then again I have called her on occasion when I could see her and if she has something of interest she is sniffing she will totally ignore me.This usually warrants me snatching her up by the collar and issuing low,vicious death threats in her face and she is much better behaved the rest of the trip.If Mommy was there she would laugh in my face but she takes me much more seriously without that protection.Needless to say this is my first Lab and forever more it will always be a Lab.Other dogs have their good points as well but I have never seen a better woods dog,she's even tougher then me but i would never tell her that:)

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Very nice set Manu! The 'sweg is always a great area to hike. You should revisit the area during the next few months because there may be some beautiful flowers in bloom in the riverside bogs you photographed. I can see Sophie is no different than any other lab, in that they are always head down sniffing or in the water.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Thats why I am liking HDR.It is so hard to get a pic to turn out right in sunlight when your under trees because the shadows are usually black holes or the sunlight becomes white patches.Taking several different exposures gets the whole area exposed.One problem is if you zoom in on the pic there are areas called "ghosts" where you have floating light patches around objects.You can "deghost" an area but I have not learned how to do that yet.Just don't zoom in and they look great:)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I try not to over do it.There are some setting on Photomatix that can really destroy a great photo.The grunge settings do just that.The fusion setting blend everything together and make the photo look slightly out of focus then there are settings that look just like what you took like it didn't do anything.I used painterly here and then there are the low,med an surreal and extra surreal settings..I always wished I could paint(absolutely no artistic talent here whatsoever) and now I can:)

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
It isn't bad Muskin! Keep up the good work. I respect your work and your adventures. This Piney site inspired me to get out there and get out there I have!