Silver Fox Up For Auction

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I just drove by the Silver Fox and there is a large sign out front along the Pike advertising an auction.
The auction will be held March 27, 2013.
Sad.

From what I could read of the sign at 50 miles an hour, it seems to be advertising all of the land (26+/- acres), the bar and I think I saw the word "Hotel" in the mix ??

Anybody want to partner up ?
:)
Actually having me as a partner around all that alcohol would be a bad idea.
:guinness:

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Hope the old lady is ok. That place would need some major TLC in that big back room with the fireplace. Im still waiting for someone to purchase the Green Bamk Inn and open shop again.. man, I miss that place.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I've never been inside the place, but looking at the outside, I'd expect this place to take thousands to bring it up to code to be a functioning business. Does anything think otherwise?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I've never been inside the place, but looking at the outside, I'd expect this place to take thousands to bring it up to code to be a functioning business. Does anything think otherwise?

It really is in a bad way but what a treat to own it! I would jump in Scott. As far as I am concerned we could sell of the liquor license if there are no problems and net some $$.
That'll keep you out of trouble.
I always wanted to see the building brought to character by leveling the two "stay over" shacks to each side. Garbage in more ways than one. I would subdivide if possible and dump the acreage except to the immediate lot for the Lounge. But then, maybe keep the ground and let Scott build a fine deer stand off the back and get the best of both worlds.
There is a great taste of history tied to it and how 'bout owning that and restoring it. Great place along the highway for a look.
If I had my way I would get the small intimate dining area together for meals by reservation, and a "dry" setting so it was family friendly. Maybe bring your own wine or beer for dinner only setting. (I imagine that would keep Scott happy) No hard booze in the place, and take your beverage home and low lifes looking to come in to it to drag it back down.
With my idears I would probably go broke counting on the dining aspect. I would shoot more for a supper and dinner joint with lots of area history decking the walls.
Any that have been in there would admit to admiring the wonderous fireplace and to see it in fire again would be awesome. Oh,, to any that have been there and actually noticed, the bar itself, you know, the bar where you pull up your stool... it was a thing of wonder and a focal point. Probably alot of people never paid it any mind. Very nice quality.
Whetever happens, I will always remember as a young boy being taken out once a month or so for a "special dinner with mom and dad" It was a special time to feel like a grown up eating in a fancy place, and I remember Delores "I think that may have been her name" the stuffed ape sitting on a chair. I have always had a fondess for one of the landmarks of my home land of Elm, a place most people say "where is that" when you mention it and give it a glance and a nod every single time I pass it.
Sometimes my kids' friends ask about the place due to stories and I just have to smile.
I think about a place where you can almost feel the walls breathe, feel a heartbeat in that fireplace, and when you cross the lovely granite before the door that welcomes you, you feel as if you've stepped into the abyss.
Ultimatelty, I can say that for a time, just a time, in adulthood, I graced the place and within its walls,, wow, there's some stuff that can never be shared. In a lot of ways, what went on in the Fox, dies with the Fox.
I will be happy to know that as a boy, and as an adult, the Fox was part of my life, and maybe I got to share some of me with it.

For now, we wait, and we see if it becomes something, or gets leveled and one more little piece of history in the form of a gathering place just fades away to memory.

Ah well, I've gone on again haven't I?

g.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I posted this on FB page a few days ago. It was nice to hear everyone's memories of the place. Get your photos. I'm sure that liquor license will be snatched up or the building lay there dying.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I speak from experience that you would make a most excellant host Scott. But remember, this time you have to really collect something in return!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I speak from experience that you would make a most excellant host Scott. But remember, this time you have to really collect something in return!

I could really cook up some ass kickin' backwoods grub with the kitchen that is in that place Bob.
I walked through it last year with the owner and it must have been something when it was up and running.
Deer, barbecued sky rat and home made red wine would be my house specialties !
:D

Reactions: piker56

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Would the name remain the same or would it be changed? The "Salt Lick" would be a very cool name, or if following Oji's theme, a good name would be "Scottie's Flying Tailgate".:)

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
I drove past the 'Fox last Thursday. The only evidence of the bulding was some twisted rebar & one of the stone pillars that flanked the driveway entrance.......very sad.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
image.jpg
Digging up an old thread I know but I saw this while driving around Cherry Hill for work & immediately thought of the Silver Fox. I still regret not making out the night Scott & George gathered there & hung out with Florence. R.I.P. Foxy.

Last edited: