My Pine Barren Memories--2012

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
The asters are the prettiest I have ever seen. I grow aster frikarti ( I have a feeling I am spelling it incorrectly). These look definitely more wild, but almost "bush-like." At least I know what they are now. Thanks. I love your 2012 pictures. Really something special. Oh and the pine barren gentian.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Haven't canoed down Mount Misery brook since maybe 88? A tight fast little piece of work there.Remember a gang of crows whoopin the tar out of a great horned owl up in a big pine.Never would of seen him ifn it weren't for the crows.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
OC, the bass was caught on a mepps spinner. The lake is actually a clay-lined retention pond. I'll PM you on that.

Certainly is a nice fish! Mepps spinners have also always been one of my favorite lures. A high school buddy of mine used to sell tails from the squirrels we hunted to Mepps. I wonder if they still buy them. I'll be retiring a few years down the road and I could generate some pocket money while guarding the bird feeder and putting meat in the crock pot as at the same time. :)

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
Certainly is a nice fish! Mepps spinners have also always been one of my favorite lures. A high school buddy of mine used to sell tails from the squirrels we hunted to Mepps. I wonder if they still buy them. I'll be retiring a few years down the road and I could generate some pocket money while guarding the bird feeder and putting meat in the crock pot as at the same time. :)
Hey GermanG, you can make some money if you know how to make custom lures. I paid $24 for the lure in the link below. The seller had five of them available when I first looked at it. Then two days later he only had one left for sale, which I grabbed.

The lure is on the top left corner of the page: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130816754477?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A high school buddy of mine used to sell tails from the squirrels we hunted to Mepps. I wonder if they still buy them. I'll be retiring a few years down the road and I could generate some pocket money while guarding the bird feeder and putting meat in the crock pot as at the same time. :)

Yep, still buying. Fuhgetabout the IRA, but you'll need a bigger bag limit. :D

http://www.mepps.com/programs/squirrel-tail/