Aerial Harrisville Photos

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder who else got hit from him shooting in the air?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Must be more of a story there…. why was he spying on his neighbor's construction project?

I believe what we are seeing here Boyd is the new, nosy neighbor of the 21st century. Gladys Kravitz with a drone.

We will be seeing a deluge of litigation and subsequent lawmaking surrounding the right to privacy when it comes to drone photography. Google laws regarding drone photography and watch your computer shutter and smoke.

What Waretown Mike has provided certainly is not an invasion of privacy.

If I sensed that someone was using one inappropriately over my property I probably would have taken it out too.

Reactions: Boyd

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
A little shot raining down from the sky isn't capable of injuring.
I hope this guy gets an agressive attorney and beats the charges.
If anyone's discharging a shotgun over or near my house there's going to much a bigger problem than posting bail. "Percenti posted $250 in bail after being arraigned on criminal mischief and weapons charges."

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
I believe what we are seeing here Boyd is the new, nosy neighbor of the 21st century. Gladys Kravitz with a drone.

We will be seeing a deluge of litigation and subsequent lawmaking surrounding the right to privacy when it comes to drone photography. Google laws regarding drone photography and watch your computer shutter and smoke.

What Waretown Mike has provided certainly is not an invasion of privacy.

If I sensed that someone was using one inappropriately over my property I probably would have taken it out too.
I agree on the litigation issues however keep in mind that the REAL issues are the ones you can't see. I can easily fly this high enough over anyone's home and you won't see it, hear it, or have a remote chance of hitting it with ANY weapon of any kind barring a flak gun. It's a scary thought but thankfully I use my powers for good and not evil.

There is a lot of jackassery with some remote control copter flyers like buzzing low over people or homes, over busy roads, too close to people, etc. Right now I'm concerned over "selling" my aerial services since the FAA advises against using it commercially right now.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, you can bet there will eventually be a prohibition on using your equipment. I see the day when game camera's are banned also. Even though the drones are nice they will be causing problems for all of us in other ways.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well right now the law says that anybody can photograph your house and property as long as they're doing it from off your property. You don't own the airspace over your house, so it looks like it'd be fair game. At least to laws now.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
As an ex caver there have been issues in the past about exploring caves that extend under other folks properties.Tresspassing underground is widely ignored since it's almost impossible to get caught unless of course the other owner also has an entrance on his property.The question is just how far down can you own? Does everyones property converge on a point at the center of the earth?If we own airspace how far does that extend as well? Another can of worms here.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Do people own the land down past X feet? For some reason I remember hearing that in some places the mineral rights under people's land are owned by the municipality/state and not whoever owns the surface land.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Your correct.Sometimes the previous owner will hold the mineral rights so they can actually come onto your property and prospect for minerals and rip it all up to get to the goods if they want to and yes you do own down enough that a person hundreds of feet below ground in a cave actually has to be aware of where their at because they are tresspassing if they pass onto another property,or should that be "under to"?I don't know the depth or even if there is a defined depth,of course no cave goes deeper then a mile or so down anyway,natural cave anyway.So before buying property especially out west always check the Deed and make sure you have mineral rights too or you could wake up one morning with flatbed trucks loaded with equipment pulling up in your yard:)

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
Thought you may all enjoy a unique perspective on what is left of Harrisville. This is clearly a very fragile site and thankfully the fence prevents anyone from further damage or possible injury. Here is some video as well:
iP8udEIY7c0

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Cool stuff, Mike. I'm sure we'll see a lot more of this kind of exploration. Let me know if you get up in our corner of the state. I know a few good flyover candidates in Warren and Sussex.

Btw, I could have used this technology two weeks ago when I took my nephew to Harrisville, and broke my no-bushwhacking rule for the day to show him the power plant ruins. Brought back 50 or 60 chigger bites that are still itching. Next time I'm sitting in the back of the truck with a drink, a monitor, and an x-box controller.

Reactions: WaretownMike