Pine Barrens 4WD Clean up

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Hello everyone,

Just an FYI for those of you who regularly participate in the Pine Barrens 4WD Clean-up....
This year's event (#13 !) will take place at the NW portion of Brendan T. Byrne and at Whitesbog. Same Sunday as usual - October 26. The meeting place is the parking lot at Whitesbog at 10AM. The arrangements after the clean-up remain the same :) Great door prizes....good wings....
If you wish, please bring a toy for the Toy Drive.
I hope to see familiar faces. Unfortunately, there's a lot of junk to clean up regardless where we focus our efforts.

Thanks, Terry

Reactions: Ben Ruset

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
I plan to attend this year's cleanup. Could you possibly post a map pin location or coordinates for the meeting place?

Also, I am bring my 4x4 truck but what else should I bring for the actual cleanup? I assume gloves. Are trash bags provided?

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Stizkidz.....

We will meet here. http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.959225675752855&lng=-74.50973767342572&z=18&type=hybrid&gpx=

In the parking lot of Whitesbog Village. Most of the clean up will take place outside of the village and throughout Brendan T Byrne. Your truck will be most appreciated for transport. Gloves are good. We may have some from the Clean Communities folks, and yes, bags will be provided.
Thanks in advance for your assistance! I look forward to meeting you....unless I already have :)

Terry

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Hey kiddo,
Missed ya on Sunday.
Question... Any reason Home Port is not Atsion anymore?
My little S-10 is on Farm Tags and I push my luck going anywhere far with it.
That and a leaf spring hanger broke, I have it nestled in the frame so careful easy street driving is good but I fear one good jostle on a hole and I'll be left dragging my.... rear so to speak by one side of the frame.
SHE'S gettin more rickety every year.

g

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
I missed you too! I was there at Batsto.....early lending a hand to Janet & crew. Went to visit mom for an extended visit, got home couple days before the event. It just didn't work for me this year. Back to normal next year. :)
Early Sept. I was informed that the Clean up date conflicted with other scheduled events at Wharton. We may consider it again at WSF, but this seems to be a nice change thus far. Bottom line: pick up trash & provide toys to the kids.
We ALL get more rickety every year. I'll give you a holler.
Terry

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
I thought it moved because Wharton was not getting as dirty as it used to be, and BB really needs some help. Especially north of Rt. 70.

BTB north of route 70 is exactly where we were and it desperately needed help. Wharton still has issues.
But check this out!..... Lookie who wins the winch at the end of the day! Now his Sunday goin' to meetin' truck has a new suit. Very well deserved for all hard work their family has contributed to 13 years of these events.
End result was 220 folks filling 3 dumpsters to overfill. Over 100 tires collected. Whitesbog staff was more than hospitable and offered tours of the village at the end of the day to the participants. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Weather was beautiful. Honestly one of our best weekends on record.

IMG_1577 (1024x768).jpg

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
We had a great time as usual and it is always a hoot seeing you Terry !
My wife and her sister love the Cleanup and it was great spending the day with Big John, the original Pine Baron from this site !

I have been doing a lot of maintenance on my fun truck over the last two weeks getting ready for the Cleanup including new tie rod ends, changing engine and diff oil and installing a new rear gas tank.
The truck has only 111,000 miles and will be 18 years old in 2015. It still has nobody rust and the paint still shines. I will probably do a receiver mount with the new winch.
Here's to 18 more years with this tank !

Here are a few pics. The last is a group photo at the Pic showing some of the event's key organizers.
Thanks for all that you do Terry to keep this event rolling along.

Our first stop was along Gauntt's Branch.
All this crap was in an area where people hang out, party and throw everything they brought with them into the woods next to the beach. That includes bottles, cans, tires, used baby diapers and a plastic box full of used needles !

The group at the Pic.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
This really was a great day just as Scott posted! It was awesome hanging with he and his bride, along with her sister, as well as seeing Terry and Tom (Oji), again! Met up with some friends from the Iron in the Pines jeep club, too! Cleaning up nasty diapers and needles strewn about the forest is a little easier with friends around!

This day went a long way in helping with my PT recovery, and the bonus was when Dot's number was called for the grand prize at the Pic! The happiest winner I think I ever saw! The winch couldn't have went to any one better!

John-

Reactions: Ben Ruset