River reports?

CurMUDgeon

Scout
Apr 30, 2010
Where needed.
I was wondering if anyone had been on some recent runs down the Oswego, Wading, Batsto, or Mullica Rivers and what the conditions were regarding blow downs and other obstructions that would require carry arounds. With all the snow, I'm sure some trees must have come down over the winter.
Thanks in advance!

CurMUDgeon

Scout
Apr 30, 2010
Where needed.
Thanks for all the replies concerning water levels....BUT......I was specifically concerned with blow downs and other obstructions on the four rivers I asked about based on any attempted runs this year.
"what the conditions were regarding blow downs and other obstructions that would require carry arounds?"

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I was going to send you water gages as well but I seen you want a blowdown report.Only way to get that is as you mentioned.someone who has run it recently.They were clear last year and barring no serious ice storms and hurricanes or derechos I"d assume the streams are still fairly clear,of course thats an assumption.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
The liveries serving the rivers you are interested in might be the best sources of the information you are looking for, assuming they are not still closed for the season. They keep pretty good tabs on the conditions since they tend to do most of the clearing.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I suspect as German mentioned they have already traveled down them and have cleared anything in the way.