Where is this?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Where was I standing when I took this photo?

stand.PNG

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
On that last photo, I was standing on the margin of Chatsworth lake, on the northwest side, looking at 532.

This club is about 3/4 mile outside the (plant life) boundary of the pines heading towards some farmland. Where is it?

ls.PNG

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Bob is that club on 539 on right hand side heading north. If my memory serves me right near the laurita winery sign?

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
Yes Bob, that's it, where the Myme Spring goes under the railroad. I'm not sure if its recent, looks like it has been washed out for year, but not sure.
I have two questions maybe someone can answer, Why is it called a spring? Did Myme have a spring bubbling from her ground, is it still there? And, what kind of bridge was there? There is nothing left of whatever material they used. The railroad is too old for culvert pipe and if it were it would still be there somewhere. If it were wood the piling would still be there. There is not a stone anywhere, whatever it was is completely gone.

This is the extent of the flow. Remember the swamps are dry right now. No rain, no drain.

IMG_7676.JPG

No sign of him, but this is an old cut. Looks like it ate the bark.

IMG_7698.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: John

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Don,

I have the CRR maps and will check into that later today and see what it says was there. They show all of the pipes and sizes of them as well as the bridges and their numbers.

Guy

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Bob I have no idea on this one. Are you going to reveal the other one? I know I have seen the one with the truck outside but can't place it.

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
Yes Bob, that's it, where the Myme Spring goes under the railroad. I'm not sure if its recent, looks like it has been washed out for year, but not sure.
I have two questions maybe someone can answer, Why is it called a spring? Did Myme have a spring bubbling from her ground, is it still there? And, what kind of bridge was there? There is nothing left of whatever material they used. The railroad is too old for culvert pipe and if it were it would still be there somewhere. If it were wood the piling would still be there. There is not a stone anywhere, whatever it was is completely gone.

This is the extent of the flow. Remember the swamps are dry right now. No rain, no drain.

View attachment 5787

No sign of him, but this is an old cut. Looks like it ate the bark.

View attachment 5788

I went back this morning to look for a culvert pipe. They are there and looking good, two of them, cast iron about 48" or maybe in the 50s". The washout was north of them. It's no wonder I didn't see them, I was standing on them. You can ask yourself, how did he miss them, but please don't ask me.
West side
IMG_7721.JPG

East side
IMG_7723.JPG

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
Yes, but it did jump the swamp and kept burning north to East Stokes. This stand is just north of the Myme Spring Swampy area about 500 feet off the RR tracks.

IMG_7730.JPG

Popcorn anyone
IMG_7731.JPG