A double whammy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ohhhh! Please feel very sorry for me. I caught the crud yesterday, and feel lousy, and just started doing my taxes.

Ohhhh!..........:(

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob,

You would have loved exploring the Pump Branch where we went today. It has a hard sandy bottom that would allow you to walk down most of the river, not unlike the streams near your house. But I figured you would not be feeling well today, and you had to do your taxes, so we just hiked along the edge of it waiting for you to get better :)

Guy

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Hello gentlemen:
Bear with me here, it isn't often I get to rub it in.....so let me make it my day while I sit here and wait for my hefty refund! Now that is worth smiling about!
Gotta love me! :)))))

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Heh, not to rain on your parade, but a hefty refund means that the IRS took too much money from you and has been playing with it interest free all year ;)

Actually I have a big refund coming as well though. My accountant is just so conservative that he always overestimates my witholding. Nonetheless, I agree with your sentiment.... better to have a refund headed your way than it is to write a big check on April 15!

PBJ1971

Scout
Oct 19, 2004
Belleplain, NJ
Oh, my taxes are done (refund) and spent...got back a little more than $5,500. I am a big proponent of paying extra in your federal taxes; even though it gives our illustrious government a free loan, I am pretty much guaranteed to get it back the following year.

When it come to being/feeling sick, I'd prefer to feel that way but for a different reason--"we're" hoping to be pregnant soon :dance:

Heather in SJ

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
PBJ1971 said:
Oh, my taxes are done (refund) and spent...got back a little more than $5,500. I am a big proponent of paying extra in your federal taxes; even though it gives our illustrious government a free loan, I am pretty much guaranteed to get it back the following year.

When it come to being/feeling sick, I'd prefer to feel that way but for a different reason--"we're" hoping to be pregnant soon :dance:

Heather in SJ

You just may have a tax deduction this year :)

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
All of you should get down on your knees tonite and pray to the Lord our God that you don't get the flu strain I have. It hit me Friday nite, and every single day since has been awful. I still have a temperature, and find it difficult to sleep, hence I never really feel any better. Foghorn coughing, aches, no appetite. I'll always get a flu shot from now on. I promise.

BobM said:
All of you should get down on your knees tonite and pray to the Lord our God that you don't get the flu strain I have. It hit me Friday nite, and every single day since has been awful. I still have a temperature, and find it difficult to sleep, hence I never really feel any better. Foghorn coughing, aches, no appetite. I'll always get a flu shot from now on. I promise.

So how's them taxes going? :D

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:

Don't give it to us on Saturday!

The bright side is you will loose weight :)

Guy

PBJ1971

Scout
Oct 19, 2004
Belleplain, NJ
BobM said:

I took my kids in for their physicals a few weeks ago and the last one had theirs on the last day of Feb. I'm mentioning this because they got their flu shot and the doc told me that the last day of Feb was the final day (by law?) they were allowed to give out the shots. I won't (and can't) get a flu shot, but my kids are good...

I hope you are feeling better soon, Bob :D

Heather in SJ

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
PBJ1971 said:
I took my kids in for their physicals a few weeks ago and the last one had theirs on the last day of Feb. I'm mentioning this because they got their flu shot and the doc told me that the last day of Feb was the final day (by law?) they were allowed to give out the shots. I won't (and can't) get a flu shot, but my kids are good...

I hope you are feeling better soon, Bob :D

Heather in SJ

thank you Heather........