Pine Snake

rc911

Explorer
Apr 23, 2015
Cream Ridge, NJ
That was beautiful but I'm glad you guys came across it and not me. I would have been screaming and running like a little girl right beside Rednek F350.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Well I'm glad I'm not alone in sometimes expressing my feminine side. A good while back, I stopped my truck on a sand road and walked ahead to shoo a snake out of harm's way. When I was almost on top of it I realized it was a big rattler. My daughter, who was in the truck, said I screamed like a little girl. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: dogg57

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Looks to be a very healthy female Pine snake and about as large as that species gets. His video was taken early the past month so she was not digging but I bet she was that big because she was heavy with eggs.

- Females are much more timid this time of year and will almost always take off for cover.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Never have known pine snakes to climb.Couldn't see it go up the tree myself. That was a big one.They usually don't run either.Most I"ve seen have either laid still or reared back in a coil and hissed threateningly at me. Matter of fact I have found many pine snakes i would have walked by by their loud antics from thirty feet away. This has resulted in the past with me temp0orarily harassing them. That"s before i was educated that it psychologically disturbs them.