ORV Management In Sensitive Areas Of Wharton

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Cindy Randazzo. She claimed not to know anything since she just got back from vacation. According to her she said was told only 10 roads were closed.
She also kept repeating that she handled 500 and some municipalities and had 75 other "projects" she was involved in. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but when I arrived there were actually another state rep there with Cindy Randazzo but left long before the meeting.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
I felt she was a 'spin doctor' for the DEP and she was trying to figure out the hot spots that the DEP needs to address the quickest and that is why she had no answers. She kept asking us to inform her of how we use the forest and to email her. I was wondering when she was going to tell us where she went on vacation lol. But she said she is not unfamiliar with the 'park'.
We were also told that the head of the PPA was not available because she was in Trenton to fight the pipe line. And I guess Al was seeing how the guy who was an employee for 3 weeks did, kind of a trial by fire. I think if Al was up there it may not have been as controlled.
Dave did very well with asking about the bats and the ph levels of the sand being used to repair the roads. Something I am glad someone thought about.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Joe, I am sorry I did not hear you say your name. It was nice meeting you. I wish it was under better circumstances.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Joe, I am sorry I did not hear you say your name. It was nice meeting you. I wish it was under better circumstances.
I agree we all were very worked up last night. When I realized nothing was going to get accomplished last night I felt it was better to keep some of the tougher questions I had to myself. Better to not show all your cards up front.;) Not that we have many. I want to see them struggle with some of the answers when there's more in the line.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe she may be a spin doctor. She most likely is there to calm all of us down and tell us what we want to hear. At the same time they are moving along on the same course. If she can stop the Municipal Resolutions as she may have done in Atco we are on the downward slide. With her saying Rob is coming and if he does, we will have another week with no answers or decisions. In two weeks she may have had enough time to put out some fires. Everyone should be very concerned still.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
She ain't putting out this fire till this whole thing gets thrown out the window. And Guy is dead on the money until it's in writing that all roads are open then we all should keep fighting this. We got the ball rolling time to turn it into a avalanche.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I did get tired of hearing that she hadn't seen any map. Which is why I had to say that our map was nothing more then a copy of their map they already released. They are going to move forward with this plan no matter what we say. Their mind is made up on what they are doing. She played dumb but wanted to hear our voice. She did say this was proposed while the gentleman said he's been a volunteer on this project for 6 months and was hired 3 weeks ago. Yes that's about the same time this all came to light. 3 weeks ago he probably could have gotten half that room to donate to the PPA. Now half that room sounded pro pipeline.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is very scary that the public, myself included, have not realized that they are special interest that really don't care about the public's rights. They make their decisions on what they believe and push forward.

Reactions: Menantico

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
It is very scary that the public, myself included, have not realized that they are special interest that really don't care about the public's rights. They make their decisions on what they believe and push forward.
A special interest group that I once felt was on our side. And when this doesn't work what's the next step.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Dave asked the PPA representative about federally protected bats that have a habitat in the Pine Barrens. I believe he also asked the environmental committee. He was referring to the trees that had been taken down.
But there aren't any federally endangered bats in the Pinebarrens.