On the Loose !

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Still waiting for our Ancora Alert about the escapee that walked out of the satellite Bayside State Prison that now operates out of Ancora State Hospital. They give us a test call every week but nothing during an actual event today.

I can walk to Ancora State Hospital through the woods in about 25 minutes and only have to cross one road. Apparently the inmate found his way to our neighborhood quite easily.

Thanks to Nixle I saw this at 13:10,

"Escaped Ancora Inmate

Police Activity in area of Pestleton Rd, Waterford for Ancora Inmate. White male, 5-9, 180lbs, goatee, tattoo lt eye"

I was working nearby today and checked my house after seeing the nixle. I spoke to a WTPD officer on Pestletown Road who said they had a report of him in our neighborhood but they thought he went back into the woods.
I have two other sources of intel and both are confirming he has not been captured as of right now.

This Bayside satellite facility is bad news. Another inmate walked in October and was captured only a few hours later in Philly. This guy today was doing time for aggravated assault and other offenses BUT also did time for manslaughter between 1996 and 2010.
Nice.

The 870's are fully loaded and bedside tonight.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
You can relax, looks like he is up this way.

http://jshn.org/barnegat-schools-lockdown-late-morning/

At approximately 10:17AM, a stolen vehicle (white 2015 Chevy Silverado from Hammonton, NJ) was located at the CVS Drugstore on West Bay Avenue in Barnegat, N.J. The suspect driving the vehicle is believed to be Arthur Buckle (pictured) who is an escaped fugitive from Ancora (Hammonton), N.J.

As a precautionary measure, all schools in Stafford were advised to go into "shelter in place" thereafter.... Officers from the Barnegat Twp Police Department, Ocean County Sheriffs Department, New Jersey Department of Corrections Fugitive Task Force, Ocean County Special Operations Group, Ocean County SWAT Team, New Jersey State Police, Ocean Township Police Department, and Stafford Township Police Department are assisting with area searches, patrols, and K-9 Tracks along the Garden State Parkway and other areas of Barnegat.

The Stafford Township Police Department are working closely with our schools to assist with dismissals and we will have an officer at each school at those dismissal times. We are also working closely with the Barnegat PD to stay on top of information as it develops.

More information to follow.

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.

Someone else can sleep with one eye open tonight ! Look out Barnegaters, he's in your hood now.
Actually, it was pretty cool putting the trash out last night with a gun. But since we are not a "castle state", I would have had to drag him back into my house after I plugged him.
:)

What a major POS. His 2010 aggravated manslaughter charge for which he served 14 years was for slapping a 10 month old baby to death !
http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...kdown-police-investigate-bay-avenue/83920396/

Reactions: manumuskin

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Still waiting for our Ancora Alert about the escapee that walked out of the satellite Bayside State Prison that now operates out of Ancora State Hospital. They give us a test call every week but nothing during an actual event today.

Same thing crossed my mind yesterday when I seen it on the news
Do you think it was because it wasnt an "Ancora person"?

This Bayside satellite facility is bad news...

I knew Ancora had criminally insane but had not heard of bayside
Do they now hold common (lack of better word) criminals?

Heard this guy only had 19days till parole, guess he could be considered insane (or just stupid)

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Same thing crossed my mind yesterday when I seen it on the news
Do you think it was because it wasnt an "Ancora person"

I read yesterday in one of the many Facebook ramblings that Bayside is not using the call system. I don't believe that is true since we got an alert within an hour of when the other prisoner escaped in October. They even followed up with a notice that he had been captured later that day. That guy made it to Philadelphia in 2 hours and was captured shortly thereafter.

As for your other question, the Ancora grounds have become a satellite of Bayside State Prison down in Delmont.
Here is an informative, instructional post from prisontalk.com

i couldnt find much info on ANCORA when i was looking for myself so ill put some info out there

Bayside ancora unit is located on the grounds of ancora mental hospital in Hammonton, nj. Its off of exit 33 on the atlantic city expressway. It is supposed to be an honor camp. There is more to do at Bayside Farm though. So if your loved one has the option of staying at the Farm they may want to. There are some benefits to ancora though. It maybe be closer to you making visits easier and visits are nicer.

Visits at ancora. I think the hours to get in are 8-10 or 1030. The line is alot shorter at ancora. Though you do have to wait outside. Then when you are called you go into the guard house. there you will fill out a paper. you will need your liscence or state ID. they will wand you. dont wear anything to short, tight, or showey (some people can get away with more than others for some reason) but play it safe. Put an extra pair of clothes in your car they will usually let you change if you do not meet the standards. If you have a baby you can take in 2 diapers, two wipes in a clear ziplock bag( its easier just to wet papertowels in the bathroom), and 2 bottles. Baby will not be allowd a hat or binki or anytoys ( although i have seen a few people get away with hats and binkis on accation). You can wear a coat but it cannot have a metal zipper or hood. i think you can take in up to $25 dollars but only $1 and $5 work in the vending machine, so does change.

inside visits:
are in the hall and a back room. if you are in the hall it is very noisy but it is nice bacuse you can sit pretty close and not get yelled at. if you are in the back room your chairs must be on either side of the large tile blocks. There is a table with a water jug on it where you can get water and papertowels. there is also a room with vending machines. most nacks range from $.65-$.90 and soads are $.75 a can $1.35 a bottle. There are two bathrooms. One has a table in it that can be used to change a baby on. it is small though. Be careful about waiting in the hall for the bathroom, depending on the guard you may get in trouble. you may hug and kiss at the beging and end of visits but dont get to showy with it.

outside visits:
they are usually out side when its nice. sometimes they are outside when it isnt nice, like when its cold or raining. i sugest keeping extra layers in the car so it you see its an outside visit and its cold you can put more on. please dont call and complain though if it was too cold to be out side, we dont want outside visits taken away. you sit at a picnic table some tables are under a pavilion some are not. there is a water jug and paper towels out side. you must go inside for the bathroom and snacks. also you cannot change a baby on the picnic table you must go into the bathroom. out side you are alowd to walk around alil. you can hold hands but not hang on eachother. depending on the guard u may have to keep moving no stoping. outside visits are nice.

some guards there are really nice some like to make your life miserable. i have gotten in trouble by one guard in particular for holding hands " the wrong way" (apparently you cant rub hands or anything just hold), our chairs being too close (this was in the back room where the chairs have to be a tile apart), waving to my bf while leaving ( i was told i would be banned if i did it again and my bf would lose his visitng for 6mo), and changing diaper in car after visit ( after the visit you must leave the premisis right away).

address for writing an inmate at ancora:

last name, first name SBI# / (willow hall or spruce hall)
Bayside State Prison Ancora Unit
P.O. Box 597
Hammonton, NJ 08037

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Or it is a ruse. It is known he is using social media. Has friends and family in the area. I have never seen so many unmarked state car's today.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Lots of woods to hide in, Double Trouble SP right next door. Command post set up in Berkeley Twnshp. He appears to have a new outfit.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
That's good to hear. It's funny that he was caught in that area to me. Back in the early '80's we kept boats in Barnegat. My grand father would keep his in the water year round and only pull it for a week to do the bottom and other maintinance. While it was on dry dock he would spend the week on it to make the best use of his time. Since I was young I don't know most of the details but a fugitive that escaped from the area decided to choose his boat to spend the night. He woke my grandfather who somehow held him at bey using a bright orange flare gun which looked like a pistol with a huge barrel.