Winslow glassworks

Mike mardell

Sep 18, 2016
New jersey
Hi, I started this thread to discuss the old glass works in winslow and hammonton.I'm trying to pinpoint the exact spot the coffin and hay glass works was,I know there is a sign there but every map I've seen and all the people I've talked to don't match up. I think hammonton glass works gets confused with winslow glass works.I've read everything online about them both but if anyone has any new info please contact me flywing711@gmail.com

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Last edited:
Reactions: Boyd and manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
From the time I was 14 till I was 20 we had a fireplace with insert and wood was our heat. My Dad worked the chainsaw and for years we lived off of trees that had been dropped along the local power lines.The folks who ran the power lines went on a widening program and we reaped the benefits.Me mostly and some times my cousin hauled the cut sections to the truck.Many were six feet long and we would flip them end over end.Then when we got home Dad would finish sectioning them.It was my job to split and stack the wood with a 16 lb all metal maul.I would turn the flood light on in the back yard and split a few hours at night.The colder the better.Once the logs froze they would pop apart much easier.I would pass the wood through the window to Mom or dad when they needed wood.Had a small stack in the house as well.
Child labor kept my butt warm at night. This and mowing the grass was about all I had to do as a kid or scxrape the paint off the house once before my Dad painted it. Never realized i was being abused.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG