RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well the promise from the NWS is a 40% chance of one tenth inch or less during the day on Sunday. The evening is a bit better, with a 60% chance of between a quarter and a half inch. That would be nice, but it's about all I see in the next week's forecast and we're gonna need a lot more than that. :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Perhaps in a week or so...

145820W5_NL_sm.gif

145559W5_NL_sm.gif

That's about it for anything substantial.

610prcp.new.gif

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Some weather stations are saying that the front coming in will also pull some moisture from the south where TD Julia is. Could be some good news for us!

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
The poodles aren't that bad, its the great danes and mastiffs that worry me.

Ended up with 2.33" for the storm.

The weather station is a Davis Vantage Pro II. I've been happy with it, the sensors are wireless, which makes set up a breeze and allows for more optimal sensor placement. Prior to retiring our Windows XP computer I had it set up to upload real time data to weather website I put together, but haven't bothered to set it up again. It's on the to do list, just seems to be stuck near the bottom...

IMG_0677.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I had a cheap wireless rain gauge that I got on clearance at Lowes, it died after about a year. Now I just eyeball the water level in my wheelbarrow after a storm and it's usually pretty close. :) Here are the storm totals from NOAA, we got a nice soaking.

totals.png

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Wow! Serious wind gusts and ocean turbulence on that beach cam-I figure that Matthew is too far away to be affecting our coast now, is this the remnants of a tropical depression, or just a low pressure system that formed off the coast? Those seas look angry!

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Thanks 46'er and Tsqurd. I'm interested in seeing how much falls and what Matthew ends up doing next week...