Rattlesnake

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was talking with someone recently and I was given a tip they acquired on a good place to find rattlesnakes. This was not a specific spot but a general place to look when out and about. Today, that tip proved correct.

IMG_1249.JPG

I have video that I will post later tonight of it rattling at us.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica took this one. My camera kept shutting off and you can hear me blowing off the pine flies on my hand. I was annoyed.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here is another one from this morning. It had taken shade to get out of the sun. The more I see the more concerned I am with each step I take out there. They are everywhere.

I know what you mean. I used to not look down so much, but now I do. I get the willy's sometimes. I peer about 3 feet ahead of me at the ground now.

Reactions: manumuskin
Caught a big black rat today. I could not resist.

View attachment 9202

Thanks for this photo, it confirms my I D of the snke I recenly saw basking in my backyard ss a black rat snake. Various images/videos I got did not show the long tapered tail and narrow head. Do you or anyone else have any photos showing the head of this species?

I've always liked herps, had many turtles as a kid. Never got the whole "snakes are slimy" phobia, maybe because I grew up on the shore trapping/skinning eels for my dad to make into trolling baits for bluefish!