Interesting Car On 532

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

We were on 532 heading from 72 to Chatsworth and noticed what appears to be a fast car waiting to get onto 532 from the road to the chemical dump. That seemed really odd to us to have that kind of car on that road. After going over the steep hill and heading down it we noticed a camera man filming up the hill with a professional video camera. We have decided he was waiting for that sports car to fly over the hill and down it to videotape it for some reason. Maybe a commercial or show on TV or for their own personal pleasure.

I have placed pauses in the video for you to see in two locations.

Guy

Reactions: Gibby

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I saw the two gentlemen pulling the cobra into a trailer parked at the club near Parker. The car sounded mean!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So he was most likely driving it without it being registered.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Looks like a 427 AC Cobra, either a kit car, or the real thing. I'd say a kit car as the real thing is going for BIG BUCKs, really big bucks. Probably registered as a historic or hot rod, doesn't need a front plate. Lots of knock-offs running around, there is often a white one parked in the front lawn of a house on 563 southbound, just before you get to 542. Carroll Shelby built them, I had one of his Mustangs for a few years long time ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Shelby