Pinelands Commission Resolution: MAP 2.0

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
They added an ammendment yesterday excluding special use permits and ORV event route maps from map 2.0 I assume to decrease organized group opposition. Divide and conquer...

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
You need a TJ!

Nah, buy American. New Bronco when it shows up, or 2018 Ranger :D

landscape-1475848603-ford-ranger-2016-1600-06.jpg

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Fiat = Fix It Again Tony
:)
Or, "Fix it again Timmy" ....my dad was the 2nd owner of a '71 850 Spider & me being the mechanic of the house, was chored with keeping it running. Its been in our family for 30+ years. Dad's been gone for almost 8 years & every time I drive it, I smile. (Even though it breaks down more often than not)

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Similar to FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily, although I never experienced that with the ones I owned :D

or MOPAR - My Only Problems Are Repairs

or JEEP - Junk Engineering Executed Poorly :eek:

First On Race Day or backwards Driver Returned On Foot
Move Over People Are Racing
Mostly Old Parts And Rust
Just Empty Every Pocket
Damned Old Dilapidated Government Equipment
Can Hear Every Valve Rattle Oil Leaks Every Trip

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
Found On Road Dead.
(I drive one - a focus - and it's a great, reliable little car. 12 years, only found on road dead once - battery.)

Back to the thread topic - can anyone summarize what this means? Is this a significant change to driving in the Pinelands? Or is it still just a proposal, nothing set yet?

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
Found On Road Dead.
(I drive one - a focus - and it's a great, reliable little car. 12 years, only found on road dead once - battery.)

Back to the thread topic - can anyone summarize what this means? Is this a significant change to driving in the Pinelands? Or is it still just a proposal, nothing set yet?
In the short term, nothing. The roads in the resolution are what everyone would consider to be common sense roads. The question becomes how this baseline of roads is managed from here on out. Ideally the Commission would engage the various stakeholders in any changes going forward.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ

In reality, it is a resolution and legally means nothing and has no effect, unless the DEP chooses to use it and they do not seem enthusiastic about doing so. It is more of some posturing to appease those that want restrictions, they can say they did their part.

Check the quote by the DEP in the Press of Atlantic City article.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe