Ned Knox

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Now I must ask your indulgence, as I have for the hundredth time reread the "Adventure of Aserdaten" chapter in Henry Beck's "Jersey Genesis." I am looking for clues to help in my explorations of the remote and lonely area the town resided in. In doing so I decided to extend my search to find out about one of the individuals mentioned in the chapter that was Beck at his finest. That individual is Ned Knox, AKA Edward P. Knox, the bicycle artist of the New Jersey pines who became good friends with Henry Beck.

As far as I can tell Ned Knox lived with his sister Gertrude at 32 Snyder Ave in Tom's River NJ pretty much directly in downtown Tom's River. It is unfortunate that looking over Google Maps his home apparently is no longer there, removed to make way for the paved parking lot that is so many individuals worst nightmare.

ed.jpg

He considered himself exactly as Beck described him, a landscape artist.

land.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...f870cc32!8m2!3d39.9542054!4d-74.1995803?hl=en

Guy

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
Now I must ask your indulgence, as I have for the hundredth time reread the "Adventure of Aserdaten" chapter in Henry Beck's "Jersey Genesis." I am looking for clues to help in my explorations of the remote and lonely area the town resided in. In doing so I decided to extend my search to find out about one of the individuals mentioned in the chapter that was Beck at his finest. That individual is Ned Knox, AKA Edward P. Knox, the bicycle artist of the New Jersey pines who became good friends with Henry Beck.

As far as I can tell Ned Knox lived with his sister Gertrude at 32 Snyder Ave in Tom's River NJ pretty much directly in downtown Tom's River. It is unfortunate that looking over Google Maps his home apparently is no longer there, removed to make way for the paved parking lot that is so many individuals worst nightmare.

View attachment 10011

He considered himself exactly as Beck described him, a landscape artist.

View attachment 10012

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...f870cc32!8m2!3d39.9542054!4d-74.1995803?hl=en

Guy

I've got to know....what is the problem with that parking lot?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't have a problem with it. Maybe these people do :D

park.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Some of the streets in Toms River proper have some interesting names. I wonder how 'Lien street', next street north of Snyder, came to be?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Do you mind answering a few questions? If so, how did you acquire it? When?

SamiJane

Jul 7, 2023
Owasso, Oklahoma
I was doing some research, trying to figure out the best way to go about selling it. A Google search pulled up this thread. I registered, hoping to gain a better idea or a possible buyer. I'm glad to answer any questions.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I was doing some research, trying to figure out the best way to go about selling it. A Google search pulled up this thread. I registered, hoping to gain a better idea or a possible buyer. I'm glad to answer any questions.
If you lived local I'd come look at it and offer you something. Too bad you are way out there. You could start with the Ocean County Historical Society.

They have a museum too.

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Whatever the outcome could you please keep us informed if all goes well with your sale.