Music for the day

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
RIP Dolores O'Riordan, singer of The Cranberries, a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. Her voice brought a traditional Gaelic/Irish feel to Alternative/Rock music and the integration gave rise to that sound that could only be theirs. A sad loss for all of us whose younger years were touched by the music of the 90's. It's finally hitting me that that era is over for good.

A protest song written after two children, ages 3 and 12, were killed by a terrorist attack in England (IRA):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bomb_attacks

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It's been 6 years already. Time does seem to fly at times.

"They also said that artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq and Anna Nicole married for love." - Levon Helm as the character Mr. Rate

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Across the river from where my dad was born in lawrenceburg Indiana is a place called Rabbit Hash, KY.My dad was actually bron in a house boat in the middle of the Ohio River during the April Friday the 13th 1946 flood.That was before Lawrenceburg had a levee.The Doctor knew not what state they were actually in so he put Indiana since they lived in Lawrenceburg.Dads been a Water Rat ever since.Lives to fish.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Across the river from where my dad was born in lawrenceburg Indiana is a place called Rabbit Hash, KY.My dad was actually bron in a house boat in the middle of the Ohio River during the April Friday the 13th 1946 flood.That was before Lawrenceburg had a levee.The Doctor knew not what state they were actually in so he put Indiana since they lived in Lawrenceburg.Dads been a Water Rat ever since.Lives to fish.

Where does he live presently?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Wow Al. You're like a Hillbilly to the 6th power ! :D

Reactions: manumuskin and 46er

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
He also has cousins in North Vernon Indiana by the name of Cartwrights, He has a cousin named Little Joe and Aunt Letha had a farm called the Ponderosa.The family still has it but her and uncle Hatch are gone now.They had the farm before Bonanza ever came out. No connection that I know of.
the farm is just south of North Vernon and in an exception inside the Crosley WMA.It's where I cut my caving teeth.Bunch of small caves all over that area