Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'd agree that the oak bothers me more, and we have plenty of it in the Southern Counties. It's common to have allergies change as you age. When I was a kid, I had pretty bad allergies in the late summer and fall. As I got older, that seemed to go away and the spring allergens began bothering me.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
All the oak catkins have fallen and withered up here so I"m assuming our oak pollen is gone? Pine pollen on the other hand is rampant.We have no grass around here to speak of,at least not much thats allowed to get big enough to create pollen.nearest wild grassy areas would be over a half mile away in the game Reserve.mostly woods or manicured yards around here.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I really don't see the yellow pine pollen here anymore, it seemed to end several days ago. But I can hose down the car and within an hour there's a very thin coating of some other kind of pollen. This stuff looks kind of fuzzy, and in the past I've assumed it was oak pollen (due to the large number of oaks here) but I suppose it could come from something else.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I also have the yellow pollen.I am just assuming pine because no more oak catkins are falling and the ones on the ground are now mud.I"d say 80% of the trees here are either Red Oak or White Oak and the rest are pine with understory sassafras and dogwood so I"m just assuming pine.My pines are too big to get a look at their pollen but I know may is usually pine pollen month

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I thought this stuff was finished, have not seen much for over a week. But my car was just covered this morning - I assume it's oak because I parked under an oak tree. This is the first windy day we've had for a long time and the air is full of the stuff, was getting in my eyes during my afternoon walk. Also noticed specs of it all over my dark blue sweatshirt - first day that I've needed a sweatshirt for awhile, that wind is chilly! :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I thought this stuff was finished, have not seen much for over a week. But my car was just covered this morning - I assume it's oak because I parked under an oak tree.

Same here, but just a light dusting. It is from the Oak's, their last hurrah for the season. There won't be any leaves left with the winds that have been blowing all day.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A belated congrat's; just wait till the ole Geezer jokes begin ;)

Here's one :D

Dear Kean Elementary,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Springer Home for the Aged.

All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady.

My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio, but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping. The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears.

Her distress over the broken radio touched me and I knew this was God's way of answering my prayers.

She asked if she could listen to mine, and I told her to kiss my ass.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,

Agnes