Fireworks

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A couple of pretty big tents have sprung up in local business parking lots with signs for fireworks for the first time. Anywhere else?

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
There has been a fair sized section of fireworks since before New Years at the end of one of the aisles in Shoprite. I was surprised to see all that stuff in a grocery store and wondered if some laws changed recently. Have not seen them anywhere else, but I haven’t been looking either.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
There has been a fair sized section of fireworks since before New Years at the end of one of the aisles in Shoprite. I was surprised to see all that stuff in a grocery store and wondered if some laws changed recently. Have not seen them anywhere else, but I haven’t been looking either.

Law changed in 2017, but just for sparklers and similar stuff. These tents are pretty big for just that. Maybe it was changed again.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There was an article I read that mentioned there will be a considerable amount of illegal fireworks in NJ this year.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hectic. One of my neighbors landed a bottle rocket on my roof a couple years ago. I brought it back to him the next day. :D

And several weeks ago a couple kids set the woods on fire a block away with their firecracker fun.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I used to have a cousin living in Tennessee and when my uncle would go down to visit him he would bring me back some killer stuff.
Quarter sticks were my favorite and I'll never forget my father buying a gross of cherry bombs from him. The box was marked "For agricultural use only." They were awesome and we made them last until I was in my twenties by only setting off about 10 per year.

Those were the days !

Reactions: bobpbx

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Ever stop at 'South of the Border' on I95, NC/SC borderline I recall. I think it was called rocket city :eek: Could arm a small country with the stuff they sold.