Tuesday with Alfie

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Al, I would have forced that dog under the water up to his jaw and held him until it was off. That was a rash thing you did, driving home with that man's stink on him.

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Al, I would have forced that dog under the water up to his jaw and held him until it was off. That was a rash thing you did, driving home with that man's stink on him.
I tried to get him to hold him under explaining that He soiled the dog but He would have none of it.It was an outside dog so once we got him home I chained him up and let nature clean Him.If it had of been my crap on Him.I would have done it.Cap is crap but getting your own on you is some how not as bad as someone elses,even if it is a friend.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have caught a couple black rats when with Guy.They always lay still and try to camo themselves but their shiny black and it doesn't work. Their a slow snake but great climbers.What i went after that day Bob must have been a racer.How any thing without legs moves that fast I"ll never know.

I must tell a story and yes it's true. back in the late 80's in November I took my buddy Bobby and my dog Lightning to the barrens. You could access the road by vehicle next to pleasant Mills church back then and we drove back to the parking area on the left and then headed east across the Sleeper Creek to the Mullica and then headed upstream till we hit the first bluff/beach.At this point my Buddy Bob says hey Al if your the man I think you are you'll join me in a swim across the creek.I knew the creek was only about belly deep there and could be walked across but it was about 40 degrees and he was challenging my manhood so this meant complete submersion in the icy black water.back then we could never say no to a dare or we would forever be demasculated in the eyes of the other.Now we are old and wise and just laugh at each others dares but we do continue to make them anyway but know the pain would be too great and nothing heals anymore.Well before we took the dip Bob announced loudly his need to defecate so he headed for the treeline while I stripped to my skivvies.His deed done he came back and we walked down to the creek and plunged in head first.Three or four strokes brought me to the other side.We sat there fighting off the urge to shiver which would have been an act of overt effeminacy.We then swam back across and as we were redressing I heard Bob say whats Lightning rolling in over there.We both looked at each other and said at the same time "Oh S#&T"! And yes it was indeed.We immediately got into an argument as to who was cleaning the dog off.Bobs argument was it was my dog,Mine was it was his S#&t.He said he didn't want it anyway and thats why He left it there.Well neither one would give in so while I drove an hour home He had to reach back and hold the dog by the collar the whole way home to keep him from climbing upfront with us.Needles to say all windows were open in 40 degree weather all the way home. Whenever i pass that beach nowadays I always relate that story to whoever was with me.This is one reason I choose not to be a dog but to stay a man.If i want to disguise my scent I"ll put on some deodorant.

How I also learned about the dog species' interest in the end product of human consumption: several decades ago I dug a hole on the dunes to bury my feces. When I turned around to fill in the hole, it was gone. WTF?
Then I noticed my dog licking his chops. At least he didn't roll in it. Didn't let him lick me for a week.

Reactions: manumuskin

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
My turn for an Al story: our first time out we were at the Parker Preserve, having a relaxing hike and shooting the breeze (Myself, Al and Bill). Keep in mind this was, if my memory serves me correctly, at the end of March although it might have been very early April. Nonetheless, it wasn't what you'd call a warm day.

Mid-afternoon comes and we're at one of the bogs and I was surprised to see a turtle basking up on the bank (because, as I said, it wasn't warm). I was curious as to whether it was a spotted or painted, and as we approached it went quickly into the water. So I turned to Al and said "damn, I wish I had gotten a look at that turtle". Al promptly removed his shoes (I initially wasn't sure why), then disappeared into the freezing cold water for about 15 seconds and comes up with the turtle in hand. Yes sir.

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
I think you got it by feel, I don't remember how much of your body you got wet but the water was cold and you sure as hell brought that turtle back out. It was a painted, here's the pic of it.

DSC_0130.JPG

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I can almost recall this but can't quite bring it into focus. I had a best friend when i was 6 and 7 years old named Anthony.He was a year older then me and bigger and stronger.We used to fight occasionally and he would always whoop me.To this day I occasionally run into a guy who tells me (Named Billy) that one day Anthony was messing with me and suddenly i went beserk and picked him up bodily and threw Him over the four foot high neighbors fence. he swears to it and i for the life of me cannot remember it. One thing to forget a fight you lost but I won this one and can't remember a darn thing about it!