Closing West Mill Road

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, beaver's are a real problem in that area. They have destroyed some of the savanna's near Rockwood that once were walkable and wonderful to view, and now are washed out so bad I could barely keep from falling when I went back to find this stone again. I was 100 feet away and had to turn back after almost falling into a washed out hole up to my waist. I will try and find photos of my attempted return there.

IMG_4616a.jpg

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Just curious, if the event is solely on his property, which is deemed private property by the gate that keeps me out, why would your jeep need to be registered to participate?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Joe, I think that would be a reasonable, standard process for any event, private or public.

By the way, that photo on his facebook page is obviously not the pine barrens.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Joe, I think that would be a reasonable, standard process for any event, private or public.

By the way, that photo on his facebook page is obviously not the pine barrens.

Bob,
I have been to several events where on private property the vehicles are not required to be registered, including drag racing, mud racing and motorcycle events. Entrants are required to sign a damage responsibility form to participate in the event, and I do realize that photo is not the pines i was referring to the gate not on his property :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Whatever the reason, the intersection just past his gate floods big time. If he is required to have insurance for this event there would be no escape route. I just don't see how his insurance company would allow anything like this. The road he has a contract for is only so wide and anyone who deviates from it would be on state land. It just would be impossible to keep that from happening.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Whatever the reason, the intersection just past his gate floods big time. If he is required to have insurance for this event there would be no escape route. I just don't see how his insurance company would allow anything like this. The road he has a contract for is only so wide and anyone who deviates from it would be on state land. It just would be impossible to keep that from happening.

My point exactly, thats why the vehicles need to be registered, they plan on going on state property in my opinion

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob,
I have been to several events where on private property the vehicles are not required to be registered, including drag racing, mud racing and motorcycle events. Entrants are required to sign a damage responsibility form to participate in the event, and I do realize that photo is not the pines i was referring to the gate not on his property :)

I was not thinking of state registration. I think Miller means to register by just listing who you are, your license number, etc.

Yes, I knew you knew it was not our pines in the photo, I was just making a general comment for all.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
I was not thinking of state registration. I think Miller means to register by just listing who you are, your license number, etc.

Yes, I knew you knew it was not our pines in the photo, I was just making a general comment for all.

Hmmm, i took it as meaning registered as in state dmv?

TacoTues

Jan 9, 2023
Chesterfield
Well I was going to take an updated gate photo after work, maybe sit atop it and gaze out upon the right of way for which I have no use…

But seems a tree was misplaced here on W Mills/Sycamore/Unnamed State Rd.

IMG_3344.jpeg

Anyways, I huffed and puffed and rearranged things off to the side. Unintentionally snapped it at one point… rather loudly, whoops
IMG_3351.jpeg

Ta-da! Drove a few puddles down the road from here, as flooded out as you’d expect given the past month. Stopped at this slightly larger water feature, given I had a lite lunch and today was a backup socks before 0800 kind of day. I figured I’d head out for supper.
IMG_3352.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3344.jpeg
    7.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3349.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3344.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited: