Triple Threat Duck Call

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I found a Triple Threat duck call in the woods last weekend. I cleaned it up but I can't get it to sound anywhere near what this video shows. It comes apart and looks perfect so I have to assume the problem is how I am using it. Any tips?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I found a Triple Threat duck call in the woods last weekend. I cleaned it up but I can't get it to sound anywhere near what this video shows. It comes apart and looks perfect so I have to assume the problem is how I am using it. Any tips?

Pull it apart by rotating the barrel and mouthpiece counter to each other Guy. Then, make sure there isn't any dirt or weeds under or between the reeds. A three reed call is a little more sensitive to contamination.

You will see the reeds over the tone channel and they are usually held in with a wedge. Don't remove the wedge or adjust the reeds until you're sure it isn't a dirt problem. Reeds are very sensitive to even minor tweeks. The previous owner may have tried an adjustment and messed it up, got frustrated and then threw it.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Here's a video from Duck Commander on reed fixes for a squeal problem. I noticed that the guy also says that their reeds have a bend to them. That means that someone could have inverted them after messing with it. I don't own any DC calls but my son has a few I'll ask him if he has the Triple Threat.

My favorite duck calls are a very reasonably priced ($15.00) Buck Gardner Double Nasty and an expensive ($140.00) custom C&S Archangel acrylic call from Minnesota. Luckily I won the C&S in a prize drawing. :)

Last edited: