Crossing the Maurice River

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
In the "New Law..." thread, Boyd mentioned crossing the Maurice River, which I have been doing for the past two weeks. I am sure Al has been to every one of these spots. I spent 5 early years in Glassboro and there is a pastoral and rural feel to Salem and Cumberland county that feels like "going home". I will be going back to get better shots of some of these spots when I can.
south_of_maurice.jpg

south_of_maurice6.jpg
south_of_maurice2.jpg
south_of_maurice4.jpg
south_of_maurice3.jpg
south_of_maurice1.jpg

Last edited:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
the first two shots are of Muskee Creek from 47 looking upstream in the one and across the tidal pond at the old RR tracks on the other.If you are really good at tight rope walking you can still cross the tidal pond outlet there,I on the other hand am no longer that stable.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
the first two shots are of Muskee Creek from 47 looking upstream in the one and across the tidal pond at the old RR tracks on the other.If you are really good at tight rope walking you can still cross the tidal pond outlet there,I on the other hand am no longer that stable.
Yes on the first one, no on the second. We discussed the location of the second a couple of years ago and you told me that you used to fish there and could almost see your girlfriends house from that location. IxNay on the ocationLay (please)! I will PM locations to anyone interested.

Last edited:

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I think you may have been at Peek Preserve?I have not been out there since it was Trespassing so my memory is a little sketchy but I"m speaking of the pic before the last one.
The overlook shot is the Cohansey River from an area south of Bridgeton. I've been trying to figure out how to photograph it for a while but I have not cracked the code yet.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yes on the first one, no on the second. We discussed the location of the second a couple of years ago and you told me that you used to fish there and could almost see your girlfriends house from that location. IxNay on the ocationLay (please)! I will PM locations to anyone interested.
Oh you went up the old tracks (same one in the first pic only further south) and were on the Clear run trestle.The upstream view spoiled by two cell towers now