Accident in Atsion

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Acquired a new dash cam as my other one started to fail. This one has a wider angle and is 1440. However, my software appears to only save at 1080 so that is the best I can do. Anyway, the accident damaged the guard rail and took the wheel off the truck. You can see the skid marks in the road. I passed it twice within minutes so you see it from both directions. Nothing special.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I purchased this one. Make sure if you buy it somewhere else it says "upgraded version."

https://tinyurl.com/yxv4y9e6

My daughter purchased it first and was happy with it. Mine stopped coming on unless I turned it on which meant I was driving all the time with it off. So I acquired one also. The feature I like the most is it makes a noise when coming on and off letting me know it is working. The monitor comes on for a minute and then shuts off. I had to shut my other one off manually each time. You can turn both features off if you want.

The negative for me is the cable connection is at the top making it hard to reconnect when putting it back. Hopefully, I will get better at replacing it. Also, you will need to buy a 64GB card. The 32 that comes with it will not record my travels in the pines for one day. When I get home my morning is gone.

The one feature that is nice if you have it wired up to have power continually, it will record if anyone walks in front of it. So if you park in the woods and are gone you will know if anyone was there. It comes on and then shuts off after a short time with no movement.

And as always, dash cams do not display their true quality on youtube. Mine looks better on my drive. That may be the iMovie software I am using. Not sure.

Reactions: old jersey girl

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
The one feature that is nice if you have it wired up to have power continually, it will record if anyone walks in front of it. So if you park in the woods and are gone you will know if anyone was there. It comes on and then shuts off after a short time with no movement.

That's a very good feature

Reactions: old jersey girl

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
And let's all drive carefully out there... Stage Rd, Bass River; Fri 2/22. A car went off the road, rolled over and ended up on its side in the woods. The driver got out himself, unhurt but shaken up. Remember, if your tire goes off the pavement onto the soft roadside - like here - do not try to steer right back onto the road. Keep the car straight and let it slow down on its own before trying to turn back onto the road. As it was explained to me, that's what happened here - driver tried to correct and go back onto the road while still going too fast, and the inside of the tire hit the edge of the pavement...
skidding.jpg