• IMG_0118 (2).JPG
    IMG_0118 (2).JPG
    650.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0119 (2).JPG
    IMG_0119 (2).JPG
    724.5 KB · Views: 241
T

Toothy Critter

The first pic is a no big deal shot of the Assunpink Bait and Tackle shop that burned down. I emailed it to my daughter and she sent it back, edited in Photoshop. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0163 (2).JPG
    IMG_0163 (2).JPG
    576.5 KB · Views: 222
  • scary-house[36].jpg
    scary-house[36].jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 213
T

Toothy Critter

just a Canon Rebel. A starters camera. But got tons of stuff with it in a package deal for like $400. The T6

T

Toothy Critter

Now I'm going to have to start fishing.

If I EVER get CLOSE to taking pictures as well as you do, I would gladly teach you to fly fish :) I am going to take a free senior 12 hour course on DSLR photography in a few weeks. I need to learn about color. My photos always lacked enough color. Hopefully the course will help.

Last edited by a moderator:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I am going to take a free senior 12 hour course on DSLR photography in a few weeks. I need to learn about color. My photos always lacked enough color. Hopefully the course will help.

Should you decide to do some editing to your photo's, check out this software. Its use is as easy as one click or as detailed as you want as you become more involved. The cost is very reasonable as well and they offer a no cost trial. I used to use a product from Adobe, but have moved on to this instead. I enjoy spending my time in the outdoors taking photo's vs editing them ;)

https://skylum.com/luminar

Reactions: old jersey girl

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
If I EVER get CLOSE to taking pictures as well as you do, I would gladly teach you to fly fish :) I am going to take a free senior 12 hour course on DSLR photography in a few weeks. I need to learn about color. My photos always lacked enough color. Hopefully the course will help.

46'ers advice is good. Also, here is a link to the top 10 free Lightroom alternatives.

https://photo.wondershare.com/choose-photo-editor/best-free-paid-lightroom-alternatives.html

Software will help you with exposure in your skies. You've got clouds in the shot but they are hard to see, software can make them visible. Also, you may be able to shoot in two formats simultaneously, RAW and JPG. Having the RAW allows you to edit your photos in a post-processing software, which is important. Having the JPG, gives you an instant photo, in case you don't feel like editing it. Finally, if you can, shoot close to sunrise and sunset. The light is soft, and colors are vibrant. But light is also low, so you need to work on the photos on your computer, tablet or phone, with post-processing software (the link above).

Reactions: old jersey girl
T

Toothy Critter

I have Digital Photo Professional 4 that came with the camera Pretty extensive with like 100 pages of instructions. I guess the instructor can help me out also. I will check out the ones you both suggest. Very complicated hobby though. Want to learn to shoot in RAW. Thanks for the advice.

T

Toothy Critter

Should you decide to do some editing to your photo's, check out this software. Its use is as easy as one click or as detailed as you want as you become more involved. The cost is very reasonable as well and they offer a no cost trial. I used to use a product from Adobe, but have moved on to this instead. I enjoy spending my time in the outdoors taking photo's vs editing them ;)

https://skylum.com/luminar

You should post photos more often then 46er. Would like to see your work :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This is a split screen example of a crappy photo using Luminar's one-touch edit. The one-touch used is on the bottom left, highlighted in yellow. There is a slider for the amount of adjustment you want.

168968828.jpg

Last edited:
T

Toothy Critter

WTF !!! AMAZING. Wow... I am humbled. Great shots. Don't be shy, post more often:):)

Reactions: 46er